Chris Potter is off-line
09 July 2013 18:10
ChrisPotter
Photographer
ChrisPotter
Germany
Cologne

Hello all...

I just thought I'd give my two cents as a noooob here.

I have registered because I will be coming over to the UK very soon for a couple of weeks, and intend to pop over more regularly in the future. Originally from Essex, I have been living in Cologne, Germany, for the last 13 years and participate as a photographer on German websites similar to Purestorm...

So far... I like it here. I have written to a model and got a reply and also created a casting call and got replies. How pleasant! I have to say (I am not indulging in cliches here - it is a fact) German models seem to be less friendly... And if you really want to watch a flock of vultures picking apart someone that they perceive to be less talented, post something on the Facebook page of the German 'model-kartei.de'

I have seen a couple of stern messages about trolls and nutcases here... I almost look forward to meeting them... Are they as evil and destructive as their German brethren?

So - so far -

And here is a photo... just for the hell of it!

Chris

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
10 July 2013 09:45
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Welcome Chris, hope you enjoy your time on Purestorm. Must be tough leaving Cologne, I love the place and indeed all those bits of Germany I have visited
It was broken when I got here

Suzy Monty is off-lineSilver Member
10 July 2013 12:00
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Looking forward to shooting with you at the end of July, Chris, down here in Cornwall....and MY first impressions of your answers were of a very polite photographer who knows his camera lens..welcome to Purestorm
We should have a fun shoot..and just hope the glorious weather that we have at the moment HOLDS...for your trip down here.

Regards,

Suzy
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
10 July 2013 12:46
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Welcome to the funny farm hope you have more luck than me, Models might reply but getting them to commit is a completely different thing. Although some have been fantastic. By the way love the pic you posted model with bag on her head.

Chris Potter is off-line
10 July 2013 15:18
ChrisPotter
Photographer
ChrisPotter
Germany
Cologne

Thanks for the welcoming comments! Regarding the lady with the bag on her head - I did a whole series: http://www.rain-and-tea.de/bag-heads/

J K is off-line
10 July 2013 19:28
BenwellHopper
Photographer
BenwellHopper
Tyne and Wear
newcastle upon tyne

Welcome Chris Loving the profile pic...is it full plate?

Chris Potter is off-line
11 July 2013 06:22
ChrisPotter
Photographer
ChrisPotter
Germany
Cologne

I think so - I borrowed a few old cameras from an antique shop and took photos of them. Sadly I don't own any such cameras :-(

ato is off-line
13 July 2013 11:27
atumeda
Photographer

Lothian

In Cologne you need to know someone who knows someone who has heard about another one who may have what you are looking for.

No idea how that works in UK (especially Scotland).
But since you are British you know your mates.
Good luck

20 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Angeleyes777 celebrateeverymoment missminiskirt Saharagee Samfx
ad360photo Adamjonesphotography azurphotos Blancho Camerawerks coturnix duncanjames funky Kjoservices Ladiesman MIB rscott360 skinz Steveh32 StuartCollinsPhoto