Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
15 July 2013 01:33
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Bugsy
Western medicine mopps up the overflowed water, whereas eastern medicine empties the cup!

I tried Chinese medicine once for something else. Bloody expensive (~£12 a day), difficult to get (I had to get the train to London each weekend at the time), and tasted utterly vile and started making me feel quite sick. You basically fill a pan with dried leaves, twigs, seeds & mushrooms and let them boil into a thick black/brown soup that you have to drink, bloody awful.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Bugsy is off-lineSilver Member
15 July 2013 03:51
Bugsy
Photographer
Bugsy
Bedfordshire
Bedford

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Chinese medicine. All private medicine (eastern and western) is relatively expensive compared to NHS, and you need to be careful about where you go for it. However acupuncture is now starting to be used by the NHS even though there is no "scientific" reasoning behind it's effectivness.

All I'm saying is that it worked really well for me, and for several people I have recommended it to. It will not harm you, if you relax whilst it is being done it does not hurt, and if you go with an open mind it may just relieve you of the hell that is bad hayfever.

15 July 2013 04:00
JadedRed
Model

Quote from Bugsy
However acupuncture is now starting to be used by the NHS even though there is no "scientific" reasoning behind it's effectivness

Why did you put scientific in quotation marks?

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
15 July 2013 04:14
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from JadedRed
Why did you put scientific in quotation marks?

Perhaps because it's empirical?
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Mark Silvester is off-lineGold Member
15 July 2013 04:34
marksilvester
Photographer
marksilvester
Dorset
Gillingham

Recent research in Sweden has shown a massive increase in Hay Fever sufferers.

"Swedish scientists found that between 1994 and 2009 the proportion of adults reacting to timothy grass - one of the main causes of hayfever - almost doubled from 12% to 21%."

Looks like its only going to get worse.

Bugsy is off-lineSilver Member
15 July 2013 05:16
Bugsy
Photographer
Bugsy
Bedfordshire
Bedford

Maybe I should have started my comment with a statement that says the comments made are my personal opinion based on experience and some research. I am not a scientist or medical practioner of any kind.

As I understand it, Chinese medicine works on balancing the energy flows within the body. Although western medicine can see that acupuncture works they cannot explain it in their scientific physical/chemical terms. Chinese medicine can explain it in their scientific terms of body energy flow. So the "scientific" depends on what culture you're looking from. Of course there are potions, treatments and practices from both cultures that do not work and are only there to extract money from us.

Both eastern and western medicines work and I like to look at all options. For me acupuncture worked very effectively for hayfever relief. So I put the info forward. Some folks will try it, some won't.

Brian Selway is off-line
15 July 2013 08:49
BrianSelway
Photographer

Leicestershire
Leicester

I bought my ex some homeopathic hayfever pills from Holland and Barrett about 7 years back, he's not had hayfever since. I know science tells us stuff like that cannot work...but for whatever reason, it often seems to work anyway.

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
15 July 2013 12:51
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Yup it is not the best I have to agree.
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
15 July 2013 14:01
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Now on tablet and nasal spray, Only sneezed a couple of times.

Qu is off-line
17 July 2013 05:38
hhoa
Photographer
hhoa
London
London

For hayfever I use a nasal spray twice a day and I don't know how but sunglasses help me too to bear with it.

Never tried the acupuncture for hayfever, I tried for my knees but didn't work. The lady asked me to come back for more sessions at £25 a session and to buy some expensive medicinal herbs, I gave up as i didn't feel any improvement after 3 months and became scared as once she misplaced a needle and stick it maybe on a nerve, that was a very intense pain... So i guessed you have to choose carefully your acupuncturist.

I have been told to dry small bitter melon/bitter gourd and to mince it to use a tobacco and to smoke it. Didn't try it yet.

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Caz0054 Charlotte90 Chebella91 Just_janine scarlettfoxett
63jian AndiCallen andrewmoon antoinewynn Auctioneer clarmike cps Dphphotography Einstein ellessephotography eosfan geoffmarchant Jph1954 Ladiesman Lanedor Look_Sharp modjo30 Moodie nemesis normant ozzie photo3 RCBB xposed
photo3