Reminder Secure

How do i get started?

02 July 2013 16:45
jansenw
Model

Ive always wanted to try modeling but how do i know if ive got a good enough look?
Could anyone give me some advice/help on how to go about getting started?
Thanks
Jansen x

Ed is off-line
02 July 2013 16:51
For_Arts_Sake
Photographer

Somerset

Usual advice is search on here for photographers in your area who's style you like and ask if they would be willing to photograph you on a "Time for Pictures" basis to help build your portfolio. You could also post a casting call, but if you do that beware of accepting offers from novice photographers as it usually helps to have some experience on at least one side of the camera.

Good luck!

02 July 2013 16:53
jansenw
Model

Thanks for the advice, i shall give that a try

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
02 July 2013 17:06
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Hi

Read this blog especially about your finances and keeping a proper diary and notebook.
http://modelbitch.blogspot.co.uk/

I would also suggest, finding some local photographers and working with them.

As with any customer oriented business always do what you promise and do not promise more than you can deliver.
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

03 July 2013 10:34
BaileyK
Model

Put some new images up for starters.
Those are over 5 years old.

20 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin
ansonphotography bengie DJ200 dorrian gwentman john_at_tina_spice JRFox Kimily Matt1988 minolta RenedeHaan robhillphoto snarf Sp_digital stevegosh Steveh32 TinDolls WellandPhoto Willjamieson