Abu Qatada---time is nearly up

Steve Guy is off-line
09 July 2013 00:02
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

Quote from Andy_B
Well, there are multiple problems... but this issue of the Left 'protecting' Islamofascism is a serious one. Left wingers have become extremely accomplished at shutting down debate by playing the PC/Race card - and the result of this is that the debate moves away from the moderate centre ground and to the fringes - the Islamofascists vs the EDL.

I agree very much with you there. The trouble is, with the insistence of claiming the 'moderate centre ground' is that moderate solutions often fail to address radical problems. Add to that the political practicalities (What chance of election in Bradford for a politician who condemns Islam?) and the failures soon swarm to surrender.

jivago Photographic is off-line
09 July 2013 18:38
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

I do agree with you on lack of will in addressing religion! -  But in the interests of balance, you will of course also acknowledge, the connivance of the Right Wing with the intrerests of Big Corporations -  Sometimes as inimicable to the interests of the general population, as terrorists have been (BP/Union Carbide/Occidental Petroleum/Enron/News Corporation/Britsh American Tobacco/the Banks/NHS privatisation blah blah..............).

Despite your opportunistic sophistry - I think everyone can see the Conservatives (as ever) remain the 'Political Wing of the 'Big Corporates' 

Cancer stick anyone?..

"Yet despite public support and the medical evidence that plain packaging would save lives, David Cameron has put the interest of his chums in big business above British public health
http://www.jivagophoto.com/

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
10 July 2013 05:14
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Quote from jivago
 But in the interests of balance, 

Enter the strawman.
It was broken when I got here

Steve Guy is off-line
10 July 2013 05:30
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

Quote from jivago
I do agree with you on lack of will in addressing religion! -  But in the interests of balance, you will of course also acknowledge, the connivance of the Right Wing with the intrerests of Big Corporations -  Sometimes as inimicable to the interests of the general population, as terrorists have been (BP/Union Carbide/Occidental Petroleum/Enron/News Corporation/Britsh American Tobacco/the Banks/NHS privatisation blah blah..............).

Despite your opportunistic sophistry - I think everyone can see the Conservatives (as ever) remain the 'Political Wing of the 'Big Corporates' 

Cancer stick anyone?..

"Yet despite public support and the medical evidence that plain packaging would save lives, David Cameron has put the interest of his chums in big business above British public health" 

Hmmm.... interesting, if almost completely irrelevant. We are discussing apples, and you bring oranges into the debate. Of course, you may be right in what you say, but I believe it's been a while since anyone was beheaded in this country by a bank manager, or stoned to death on the forecourt of a petrol station.

And you make much of tobacco issues. Well, I gave up smoking, as have many other people. Try giving up Islam and you are under a death sentence, ordered by the very literal word of God.

A word about plain packaging of tobacco products. The statistics about the health improvement come from it's supporters, and do not take into account the fact that plain packaging and under the counter sales make it ridiculously easy to sell counterfeit tobacco products, many of which are as lethal as inhaling asbestos. The future bill to the NHS because of counterfeit tobacco products will dwarf that at present in 20 years time.

In any event, I'd rather deal with greed, which I can at least understand, than blind faith fanaticism which is beyond understanding.

10 July 2013 06:11
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from DorsetHammer
Enter the strawman.

No. Neither a falacy, nor false witness - That the Tories are well paid by some Nasty Corporations is a FACT.

10 July 2013 06:18
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from Sdeve
Hmmm.... interesting, if almost completely irrelevant. We are discussing apples, and you bring oranges into the debate. Of course, you may be right in what you say, but I believe it's been a while since anyone was beheaded in this country by a bank manager, or stoned to death on the forecourt of a petrol station. And you make much of tobacco issues. Well, I gave up smoking, as have many other people. Try giving up Islam and you are under a death sentence, ordered by the very literal word of God. A word about plain packaging of tobacco products. The statistics about the health improvement come from it's supporters, and do not take into account the fact that plain packaging and under the counter sales make it ridiculously easy to sell counterfeit tobacco products, many of which are as lethal as inhaling asbestos. The future bill to the NHS because of counterfeit tobacco products will dwarf that at present in 20 years time. In any event, I'd rather deal with greed, which I can at least understand, than blind faith fanaticism which is beyond understanding.

I am no defender of supersition!

I can't comprehend the likes of Quatada either. In rejoinder to an opportunistic aside at Labour, it was very easy for me to refer to the Conservatives very well documeted links to some very questionable Corporations!!!!

...And I wonder if the work of such Corporations, does not actually make the damage Quatada causes look trivial?

Steve Guy is off-line
10 July 2013 06:20
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

Quote from jivago
No. Neither a falacy, nor false witness - That the Tories are well paid by some Nasty Corporations is a FACT.

A standard leftist defence. Someone points out a bad man and the 'defence' is to point at another bad man and say 'concentrate on him'. Empty, vapid, pointless.

10 July 2013 06:35
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from Sdeve
A standard leftist defence. Someone points out a bad man and the 'defence' is to point at another bad man and say 'concentrate on him'. Empty, vapid, pointless.

Vapid Yes - If only the Right Wing 'Alf Garnet's' on this site would put a sock in it!

Steve Guy is off-line
10 July 2013 06:54
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

Quote from jivago
Vapid Yes - If only the Right Wing 'Alf Garnet's' on this site would put a sock in it!

The usual leftist outrage at someone being allowed to express an opinion contrary to their own. And an opportunity to point at another bad man. Any chance at all that you will address the original subject?

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
10 July 2013 07:29
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Quote from Sdeve

Unfortunately it's now the default positon of and on the left, intellectual dwarfism of the worst kind.

It was broken when I got here

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AmberBray Dionne_94 Katieann1 sarahlou73
AndyGStudios aprilscherz3 BOBREEVES cliffc Creativedge eosfan extra_mayo Fashionphotography freddie guitarman gwentman hopps jackblack1 Ladiesman Mattcairns MIB peterh Reynard Steveh32 Steveharratt swalsh58 xsa73