Reminder Secure

Booked my consultation! :-)

This thread is being watched by 1 person
11 July 2013 15:43
BaileyK
Model

Quote from JeromeRazoir
I will resist the temptation to comment on the need, as you ask. DO NOT use any surgeon that is not listed and approved by BAAPS. That is the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons. Make very sure that you will get adequate follow up. If you have the surgery in Belgium and something goes wrong the NHS can and probably will refuse to treat you. That could turn out to be very expensive. Ask him his failure rate. Any decent surgeon will know the figures and will NOT beoffended by being asked. If he is offended or fudges the numbers WALK. Make sure you fully understand all the implications. That is: they will need to be replaced every five or so years. Every foreign body in the body grows a capsule of fibrous tissue. Over time that will squeeze the implant into the smallest possible shape for it's volume. That is a sphere. That is why some girls look as if the have two balls glued to their chest. The capsules are contracting. So they need to be replaced. The time it takes will vary from person to person but is also influenced by the implant selected. The ones to go for are the roughest available. The rougher the surface, the longer it takes the capsule to organise it's self and start squeezing. (Because the fibres grow higgledy-piggledy against the rough surface.) You have to decide if you are going to have the implant under the gland or under the muscles. He will explain that. Be sure you understand the options. Entry can be through an incision round each nipple. You risk loss of nipple sensation. Through an incision under the breast. Through an incision in each armpit. Through an incision in your navel. He will tell you what to buy in the way of a sports bra to be worn after the operation. I do not advise going bra-less straight away.

I don't know where you got the information that they need to be done every 5 years because thats not true.
Mine recommended I have mine changed every 10-15 .

Any good surgeon will go through all of this.

Razoir is off-line
11 July 2013 19:02
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

I get my information from company training from when I worked for one of the leading manufacturers in Europe and traveled over the whole UK selling the nasty things.
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

12 July 2013 08:49
BaileyK
Model

Quote from JeromeRazoir
I get my information from company training from when I worked for one of the leading manufacturers in Europe and traveled over the whole UK selling the nasty things.

Not what I've seen nor heard.
Fair enough though.

Baybee is off-lineSilver Member
19 July 2013 12:56
AndreyaW
Model
AndreyaW
Dorset
Bournemouth

Hey Roxy

How long did you have off work? I was off work for 3 weeks, I went back to cleaning work, was ok.

How long before you can resume every day life? id recommend proper good rest for 2 weeks, no lifting, or doing anything where u may straining yaself.

Was it painful after? Not painful just a bit heavy on the top half, it was hard to get out of bed. so recommened u try to sleep up for the 1st 3 weeks (I know a pain but its only easy way to avoid discomfort when u get up)
I also found it hard to go toilet after coming out of hosp, didn't go for 5 days until I gave in to prune juice, think the painkillers have something to do with it!
BaileyK has covered pretty much the rest
oh also if u smoke and drink, id advice u not to 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after op, this helps the healing process x
Just want to wish you all the best I hope all goes well xxx feel free to email me anytime if u need to ask anything xxx

Baybee
Any hints, tips or recommendations

Beaverray is off-lineSilver Member
19 July 2013 13:51
beaverray
Photographer
beaverray
Cambridgeshire

It sounds as if you've done the relevant research into the surgeon and clinic who will carry out the procedure however just ensure that you are able to get any necessary aftercare in the UK if needed as some peoples who have had procedures carried out abroad have needed corrective treatment for infection etc in a hospital after.

Best of luck to you although I have to say looking at the images on your profile think your boobs look perfectly in proportion to your body and don't think you need it!

19 July 2013 15:46
pixie1290
Model

I had nearly no pain with mine.

Worst part was having drains taken out! however not everyone has them in, so don't worry!

Its been 8 months now, and they're still changing. x

RoxyMendez is off-lineSilver Member
19 July 2013 16:40
RoxyMendez
Model
RoxyMendez
Worcestershire
Malvern

I really appreciate everyone comments thank you so much that's very helpful.

Ok.. So I had my consultation at harley street on Wednesday. Went very well and I hope to have surgery in October or November!

I'm very excited. Still deciding what size to go for!

Thank you everyone :-D x x

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Hann
gordon rscott360 talldave68