WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER - SAYS IT ALL!!!

Neal Shaw is off-line
30 June 2013 14:05
Shawry
Photographer
Shawry
West Midlands
Telford

well Ive heard it all now, a casting call for a wedding photographer or two with a budget of £400 max!!! plus its the last thing on the list to sort!!! Well doesn't that just show how valued the profession has become. But coming from a so called model really p*****es me off

Andy is off-line
30 June 2013 15:15
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

Seems to me she is being up front about her budget and priorities,and willing to pay something which is a lot more than most that actually cast for weddings on here and she's paying £100.00 an hour for four hours and a little basic editing  !
Why get your knickers in a twist, presumably your a wedding photographer and this photostore is a naughty person es you off no end-but is she near you ? is she your target clientelle ? if not then what do you care.
She will get what she pays for, i hear everyone cry, however she may be lucky and get more than some of the pros could or would give her, even if she paid into the thousand plus £ brackett ! ......and i repeat £100.00 AN HOUR ! She'll probably have a full inbox !

I do agree with you though, the profession is no longer valued, but that's the same for a lot of professions
lets get shootin

Neal Shaw is off-line
30 June 2013 15:43
Shawry
Photographer
Shawry
West Midlands
Telford

Yes your right it does wizz me off and yes she will get what she pays for- utter crap. But what really p#####s me off is and it's not just her, the fact that the photography is seen as the last service to sort. The brides budget for the dress, dj is probably more than the photos. I would have thought any model on here would appreciate the value of good photography? Obviously wrong.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
30 June 2013 15:54
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

The fact is, a model will have a better idea of the low costs associated with photography compared to how much a wedding photographer would have you believe it costs. And yes it will be the last thing to consider, especially since most cameras (and even phones) can take photos of an acceptable standard and everyone has them now (photography is no longer the luxury it once was).
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Will is off-line
30 June 2013 15:57
Photoimager
Photographer
Photoimager
Staffordshire
Stoke-on-Trent

It's a better offer than those who advertise for a TF wedding photographer because 'they are a good looking couple'. Also £400 is nearly treble what the base end around here charges.
Where there's a Will, there's a way.

Neal Shaw is off-line
30 June 2013 16:03
Shawry
Photographer
Shawry
West Midlands
Telford

Like I say - this says it all
If you lot as photographers whether amateur or pro don't value your craft then there's no hope.

Durham Photographics is off-lineSilver Member
30 June 2013 16:11
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
County Durham

Each to their own.
I have photographed weddings for less than £400 (ok, for friends of friends and on a hobby basis) and I don't think that mine were rubbish (and neither did the couple and family).
Its worth a try for a model to get one on the cheap, there will always be a photographer who will take them up on the offer.
Photography has changed (and not for the better either) and lessened in the way its viewed as more an more people have decent(ish) cameras and can take decent(ish) photographs. You just have to evolve with it or sink.

Quote from Shawry
Like I say - this says it all
If you lot as photographers whether amateur or pro don't value your craft then there's no hope.

So, don't you do ANY tf photos?
If so, then why if you value your craft?

I value my work a lot, it doesn't matter if I do it for money or for free, I still want to do the best I can.

ONPortfolios is off-line
30 June 2013 16:18
bane711
Photographer
bane711
West Midlands

She is up front and trying her luck. I'm a believer in "If you don't ask you don't get". Times are hard all around and if I was in the area, I'd do it. Money is money after all and if it helps to keep the wolves from the door then so be it....

Live and let live mate.

Mike
www.mikeoneillphotography.wordpress.com http://onpportfolios.tumblr.com/ @Mike_ONeill_ONP

Neal Shaw is off-line
30 June 2013 16:20
Shawry
Photographer
Shawry
West Midlands
Telford

Oh come on
There is a big difference to shooting a model tf on a Saturday morning than shooting a wedding with the pressure and responsibilities that come with it. I guess you've never done one then?

Durham Photographics is off-lineSilver Member
30 June 2013 16:58
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
County Durham

Done plenty of weddings, and yes there is a lot of pressure and responsibility to be had, they are also stressful and very frustrating too.
But just because there is not the same pressure with a model on a Saturday morning does not mean I value my craft more/less.

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Carliegomez24 DanielleWx Kerrylou mandymack missbrook RoxyMendez Vellocet
ad360photo Beemer2009 Blancho copperbronze duncanjames funky HarishPadalia John_Adrian_Studios Mike103 pandaface read RichardJohnPhotograp riddell rossiter Scotography skymouse Spiritofwales TinDolls zzdigital
Discretion