Reminder Secure

Should i trust this photographer? Scam perhaps?

Durham Photographics is off-lineSilver Member
27 June 2013 17:25
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
County Durham

Quote from RupertRudd
Just read IainTs contribution to the thread.
Now practicing balancing a sign on my knob before contacting Lacey for a shoot.

It isn't easy you know. (The sign says "Do not throw stones at this sign").

Shame you could only fit the first 2 letters on it though

OP, I would have strung him along to be honest, as it could have been fun.

I would have asked where he got the information from for this shoot and how he knows it is £1,500 plus expenses.
What kind of photos with the car he is wanting and what type of car it was (not sure a 15 year old Punto would be as good as a new M series).
He would have come up with some cock'n'bull story I am sure.

If it were genuine, then I am sure if he is an established photographer he would rather give the job to a model he knows and who he has already worked with in the past. I know that if I had heard of a job like this I would know a dozen models who have given their time for me already would be at the top of my list and not someone who I had just added on FaceBook. If I still struggled finding one, I would come here and ask the models on this site rather than a complete stranger.

Of course its a Sarge is a naughty person and you already knew it but just wanted others to tell you so to put your mind at rest

28 June 2013 05:28
electric_neon
Model

Thanks Sarge! Yes, yes i did want my mind to be put a rest!

Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
29 June 2013 14:25
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

Quote from IainT
I have to be honest, if you could even consider that this is not a scam, for your own safety, I suggest you quit modelling and get off the internet immediately. If the guy sent you a picture with a sign balanced on his knob, saying "avoid me, I'm a scammer", it would probably be less obviously a scam.

This nips into the lead as "post of the month" with just one day spare!
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

Ron Williams is off-lineSilver Member
29 June 2013 15:08
RonA
Photographer
RonA
Kent
Bexley

Quote from electric_neon
HAHA! How on earth do i attract them! I wasnt sure but im very perplexed why hed do such a thing im going to find out more and put it to him then im going to delete this putrid snake.

Sorry but in this case I wouldn't bother!

30 June 2013 10:22
Nick_Edinburgh
Photographer

This is one of those questions to which you know the answer from the subject line before even starting to read the thread...

Victoria Howard is off-line
01 July 2013 04:20
Victoria_Howard
Make-up Artist
Victoria_Howard
Hungary
Budapest

He wasn't claiming to be a lorry driver as well by any chance?

- thinking of a similar weirdo/Victoria_Howard is a naughty person

01 July 2013 08:47
electric_neon
Model

he was claiming to work for a huge publishing firm in cardiff,

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alexcrawford simpleharmonicmotion