Reminder Secure

Should i trust this photographer? Scam perhaps?

27 June 2013 06:16
electric_neon
Model

I was contacted by a friend on facebook who i added and have never met. He mentioned could i go to Cardiff (from cornwall) to audition. This work would be paid of £1500 per day and travelling and stay expenses all covered if im a successful candidate. This would entail publications in such magazines as playboy, GQ, nuts, zoo and many others. He said this "The audition is very straight forward. I'll meet you from the train and we simply take a variety of shots in my car to use as audition photos. It'll only take an hour of your time at the very most".

Is this a electric_neon is a naughty person and should i trust this photographer?

Orson Carter is off-line
27 June 2013 06:22
orsoncarter
Photographer
orsoncarter
Somerset
near Frome

Now let's see... You're being asked to go to Cardiff to meet up with a guy you know nothing about, then he will take pictures of you in his car. Yeah, sure!  
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
27 June 2013 06:25
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

I have to be honest, if you could even consider that this is not a scam, for your own safety, I suggest you quit modelling and get off the internet immediately.

If the guy sent you a picture with a sign balanced on his knob, saying "avoid me, I'm a scammer", it would probably be less obviously a scam.

I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

27 June 2013 06:32
electric_neon
Model

HAHA! How on earth do i attract them! I wasnt sure but im very perplexed why hed do such a thing im going to find out more and put it to him then im going to delete this putrid snake.

Ratana Rose is off-line
27 June 2013 06:36
RattusRock
Model
RattusRock
County Durham
durham

this is the most scammiest RattusRock is a naughty person in all of scamsville by the sounds of it

if you where actually auditioning you would go to a studio of some description

also does his work look like he shoots for GQ that should be the easiest way to tell

Frank Van de Garde is off-line
27 June 2013 06:36
photofrank
Photographer

Netherlands
Amsterdam

"£1500 per day and travelling and stay expenses all covered if im a successful candidate"

Wich you are not, after he had his fun.

27 June 2013 06:49
electric_neon
Model

from the slithery snake "Do you have any idea about this industry??? Your more than welcome to hire out our studio for your audition shoot, at a cost of £850 for half a day. I was simply trying to save you money. Don't forget, you contacted me, not the other way around."

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
27 June 2013 06:55
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

£850 for half a day!!!

Bloody hell! that makes Holborn Studios look bargain basement.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

27 June 2013 07:07
electric_neon
Model

this is the lengths he went to:
Yes, I'm going to say something. You weren't belligerent, you were just rude! You threw verbal assaults at me without any grounding or justification. I suggest you take a long hard look at your attitude burgers continuing in this profession, and maybe ask all the necessary questions next time before insulting someone. This is a fantastic opportunity which, unfortunately for you, is now no longer open to you. Thank you for your time and goodbye.
*if your, not burgers.

27 June 2013 07:11
electric_neon
Model

he actually sounded quite convincing. I am have jumped the gun a bit perhaps? He called me immature which is what dull people say to describe fun people HAHA!

12 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Argentiq FirstLifePhotography Fluffypup George99 keltica martinchristie photostevo redtail Ross85 scottmcccxiv Thunder_Photos TinDolls