Spyder Screen Calibrator wanted

Dave Beasley is off-line
25 May 2014 13:55
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Surrey
Guildford

I've owned both Spyder and Eye1 Display Pro and personally prefer the Eye1 range.

JSP is onlinePlatinum Member
25 May 2014 15:22
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Thank you very much for your technical answer to my question, much appreciated.

If I understand you correctly then what I see in Coral after editing is actually correct?
I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

Claypaws is off-lineGold Member
25 May 2014 15:48
Claypaws
Photographer

North Yorkshire

Yes, that's right. What you see in Corel is the more correct. I put it that way because not even the profiling process can achieve perfection (even if perfection could be defined, which it cannot).

Moorlane is off-line
26 May 2014 05:38
Moorlane
Photographer

Greater Manchester

I have a spyder 3 available

JSP is onlinePlatinum Member
26 May 2014 06:03
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Quote from Claypaws
Yes, that's right. What you see in Corel is the more correct. I put it that way because not even the profiling process can achieve perfection (even if perfection could be defined, which it cannot).

Thank you for all your help, very much appreciated.
I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

David Hunt is off-line
01 June 2014 15:47
dhuntuk
Photographer

Surrey
Camberley

My Spyder 3 Pro will not work on my Windows 8 laptop. But it is fine on my Windows 7 Sony Vaio.

Am I doing something wrong?

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
01 June 2014 17:07
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from dhuntuk
My Spyder 3 Pro will not work on my Windows 8 laptop. But it is fine on my Windows 7 Sony Vaio. Am I doing something wrong?

They had issues when Win7 came out IIRC with Spider 3 Pros.  It's possibly a driver issue, have you looked on their site?
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
01 June 2014 17:12
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Actually forget that, it doesn't look like the Spider 3 works with Windows 8 at all. Their solution would be to buy a whole new calibrator as they're too f***ing greedy to write drivers for older ones.  This RedChecker is a naughty person es me off a bit as I bought the Elite kit with the print calibrator as well (~£300 iirc) and am still on Win7 but now I know it'll be useless when I eventually upgrade my PC.  Needless to say I won't be buying Datacolor products ever again.

#c**ts!!

When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

David Hunt is off-line
02 June 2014 07:53
dhuntuk
Photographer

Surrey
Camberley

Quote from RedChecker
Actually forget that, it doesn't look like the Spider 3 works with Windows 8 at all. Their solution would be to buy a whole new calibrator as they're too f***ing greedy to write drivers for older ones.  This dhuntuk is a naughty person es me off a bit as I bought the Elite kit with the print calibrator as well (~£300 iirc) and am still on Win7 but now I know it'll be useless when I eventually upgrade my PC.  Needless to say I won't be buying Datacolor products ever again.

#c**ts!!

Thank you your input, Red. I have had a Windows 8 PC for over a year now and I gave up trying to install Spyder Pro 3 onto it a long time ago. So I have to use my old laptop (Windows 7) for my photographic needs. So, I now know it is just not me being silly.

I have the same problem with Nero when using that software to burn DVDs. Either I invest in a Windows 8 upgrade costing £29.99 online. Or, I can go to a retailer and buy it for..... £29.99! Or, I can stay with my Windows 7 laptop for a little bit longer! I think it is another German software company like Datacolor?

Anyway, I thought my hijacking would serve as a heads up for the OP as he did not mention which operating system he is using.

DJ200 is off-line
03 June 2014 04:20
DJ200
Photographer
DJ200
Hertfordshire

Well, I'm still using Spyder2Pro on my Windows 8.1..bit no problems. You just have to get and install the Windows 7 drivers.
Here is an interesting article for those who may be interested, although it does refer to Spyder-3-Pro..

http://protogtech.com/monitors/spyder-3-pro-windows-8/

Regards

David

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs Little_lizard Lucy92 OlgaCabaeva Sarahjaynex
andicallen Andy_B antoinewynn Dod1904 For_Arts_Sake FreelanceBadger grisey jonathantennant Ladiesman laurencejpower mish65 Photojames43 Reynard ron Shawry stevie_de westend_portfolios