Reminder Secure

It's made me smile.

This thread is currently locked
25 June 2013 03:49
johnlp
Photographer

Several months ago I offered a model a shoot, with a choice of dates.  She replies, accepting the shoot, but without specifying a date.  Over the next week I send two more messages.  Both times she reiterates that she intends to do the shoot, but fails to tell me when.  In the end I book another model and tell the first that I have done so and offered her a piece of advice about the necessity of communicating clearly.  She blocks me.  Far enough.

I put up a new casting yesterday.  She answers it and would love to do it.  Ok, I'll offer it to her. 

I'm still blocked.

She will probably think I'm being ignorant by not replying.

I have other suitable models to choose from so it's not a problem for me.

If she reads this, and the penny drops; if you unblock me I could offer you a shoot at some future date.

Suzy Monty is off-line
25 June 2013 04:20
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Not saying it happened this time, but SOMETIMES people click on the Block button by mistake.

I was booked for a shoot and the photographer blocked me the night before.. (couldn't even get hold of him by phone either) so,I was quite worried, in case had I done or said something inadvertantly wrong...but anyway I turned up for shoot...quite a drive...and when I got there, he was as nice as pie: everything was fine and he told me, he didn't even realize he'd blocked me...a genuine mistake...the shoot went great, he left me a fab review...so I guess these things do happen?
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

Ratana Rose is off-line
25 June 2013 05:56
RattusRock
Model
RattusRock
County Durham
durham

Quote from johnlp
Several months ago I offered a model a shoot, with a choice of dates.  She replies, accepting the shoot, but without specifying a date.  Over the next week I send two more messages.  Both times she reiterates that she intends to do the shoot, but fails to tell me when.  In the end I book another model and tell the first that I have done so and offered her a piece of advice about the necessity of communicating clearly.  She blocks me.  Far enough.

I put up a new casting yesterday.  She answers it and would love to do it.  Ok, I'll offer it to her. 

I'm still blocked.

She will probably think I'm being ignorant by not replying.

I have other suitable models to choose from so it's not a problem for me.

If she reads this, and the penny drops; if you unblock me I could offer you a shoot at some future date.

sometime the model is waiting for the photographer to set a date, I will often be free on more than one date offered by the photographer so I point out either is fine and ask which is best for them, most then seem to get confused by the idea of picking a date although they expect me to lol

Im a hobbyist so when I say im fine with any, then I truly am fine with any just pick a date lol

25 June 2013 06:05
johnlp
Photographer

Quote from RattusRock
sometime the model is waiting for the photographer to set a date, I will often be free on more than one date offered by the photographer so I point out either is fine and ask which is best for them, most then seem to get confused by the idea of picking a date although they expect me to lol Im a hobbyist so when I say im fine with any, then I truly am fine with any just pick a date lol

Yes, that is a possible scenario, but not in this case.  If she had asked me to pick a date, I think I would have been capable of ascertaining her intention, comprehending her communication and answered in the affirmative.

Oscars Photostudio is off-line
25 June 2013 12:07
oscar
Photographer
oscar
Cheshire
Nr Warrington

Quote from RattusRock
sometime the model is waiting for the photographer to set a date, I will often be free on more than one date offered by the photographer so I point out either is fine and ask which is best for them, most then seem to get confused by the idea of picking a date although they expect me to lol Im a hobbyist so when I say im fine with any, then I truly am fine with any just pick a date lol

When I send a model info about a photoshoot I include a list of dates when I am NOT available. Suprising how many choose to pick one of those dates to be available.

I prefer a model to state what date(s) they are available so that it won't coinside with 'time of the month' and associated problems, hospital appointments, hair washing etc.cheeky

Heather is off-lineGold Member
25 June 2013 17:01
PurpleHeather
Model
PurpleHeather
Hampshire
Southampton/Fareham

I've had it so many times when I've given a photographer a list of my free dates and then they either reply without choosing one or just don't reply at all. I've also had people reply long after the dates I've given have past asking if I still want to do a shoot. It's annoying because while I'm waiting for them to get back to me I'm reluctant to give the same dates out to other photographers (or anyone else) just in case I double book myself.

ato is off-line
13 July 2013 10:32
atumeda
Photographer

Lothian

forget the cows and go on looking for models they know that modeling is WORK

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 AmberBray chloejade25 Welshrose2009 Yenguo
digitizer Dphphotography eosfan Fluffypup gazzer59 hylander Ludapix Mike103 moritz78 nemesis nickdandalos PhilStorm rod_m99 rscott360 stephenmuddell Steveh32