Reminder Secure

Does being a photographer make you look differently at images?

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
23 June 2013 07:46
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I've always been pretty good at spotting film mistakes but poor cloning/masking/airbrushing stands out like a sore thumb to me. There's a ton of it in the Lord of the Rings trilogy which is one of the reasons I've been somewhat reluctant to upgrade to the blueray versions.

If you want to see really bad skin softening being automatically applied, The Island and Predator (Ultimate Hunter Edition) on HD are shockingly bad.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
23 June 2013 09:08
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Yup

I have found that it does change the way I look at pictures. After the initial look I find myself looking for items in the shot that should not be there for example shoes, scuffs on shoes as mentioned above.

Also means that I do not like pictures as much now, however I when I see good ones I appreciate them more.
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

31 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 Brightonblonde heather94 lynnesel tim toniallcorn
ad360photo azurphotos bsmithesq clarmike Creativedge david1500 freddie gordon gshocker30 jackw Jb3329 keltica markeos50d Mattcairns metro MIB moritz78 peteb philippahh poah skymouse snooper911 Steveh32 templeimaging TinDolls
tim