Fake tattoo sleeves

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
21 June 2013 18:58
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

I've had a MUA approach me with a model looking to have 'fake' tattoos painted on her, or alternatevely one of those fake sleeves

Anyone have any experience in using Fake tattoo sleeves for a shoot?

CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Elise is off-lineSilver Member
22 June 2013 02:14
_Elise_
Model
_Elise_
London
barnet

The sleeves just look awfull IMO, Either draw on the model or buy temporary tattoos in bulk from ebay

I sometimes wear them when performing

22 June 2013 04:38
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Thanks Elise
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
22 June 2013 05:01
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

I used them for a couple of photos, they have a heavy hem top end and hem on the cuff, if used with sleeved T-shirt then less post production work required but the ridge you get needs attention if on view. There might be better quality ones too but you can see your example has a cuff which is a clue to its authentic pedigree or not!

http://www.purestorm.com/view-image.aspx?i=1265957&u=dominicdgt

22 June 2013 05:08
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Quote from dominicdgt
I used them for a couple of photos, they have a heavy hem top end and hem on the cuff, if used with sleeved T-shirt then less post production work required but the ridge you get needs attention if on view. There might be better quality ones too but you can see your example has a cuff which is a clue to its authentic pedigree or not! http://www.purestorm.com/view-image.aspx?i=1265957&u=dominicdgt

I was expecting to edit the ends of the sleeves if used. 

The image I used was from the 1st link google pointed to, I'd hope there are different qualities available.

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
22 June 2013 05:19
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

I think unlikely though there are great quality ones, as if used at an industry level TV/film rather than joke/novelty shop, you'd use make-up and create near perfect looking tattoos rather than a roll on type that with movement will always wrinkle in certain spots!

Paul Jones is off-line
22 June 2013 13:21
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

Quote from gerryquiff
Anyone have any experience in using Fake tattoo sleevest?

Anyone else thinking of 'The Big Bang Theory'?

Howard Wolowitz:  "They're called tattoo sleeves. I bought them online. Raj got a set too. Put them on, have sex with some freaky girl with her business pierced and I can take them off and still be buried in a Jewish cemetery."   frown

Best regards
Paul

www.PaulJones.org

Ian MACFADYEN is off-lineSilver Member
22 June 2013 13:48
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

Quote from dominicdgt
I used them for a couple of photos, they have a heavy hem top end and hem on the cuff, if used with sleeved T-shirt then less post production work required but the ridge you get needs attention if on view. There might be better quality ones too but you can see your example has a cuff which is a clue to its authentic pedigree or not! http://www.purestorm.com/view-image.aspx?i=1265957&u=dominicdgt

I'm looking for a model who has tattoo's which look like these sleeves, with the design of a hem where the cuff would be.   

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
22 June 2013 15:54
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

Quote from Paul_Jones

Mee! So funny. They looked really realistic. I think if it's a thin material the end of the sleeves don't look bad.

22 June 2013 17:56
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Quote from Paul_Jones

Howard Wolowitz:  "They're called tattoo sleeves. I bought them online. Raj got a set too. Put them on, have sex with some freaky girl with her business pierced and I can take them off and still be buried in a Jewish cemetery."   frown

Best regards
Paul

DAMN, I've been rumbled  

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
celebrateeverymoment
antoinewynn bengie clarmike D_H_P diphoto Don_Dark Edenbailey eosfan Essexjohn gshocker30 imageatthemill JohnDentonPhoto kennmac1957 Lenz MIB mrdl Njsphotography orca_photography panda49 plld psn Thunder_Photos Twilightphotography xcellent