Reminder Secure

Email replies....... or not, as the case is.

Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
24 June 2013 14:10
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

Quote from PaulManuell
What's the etiquette on sending a follow up email after they've opened but not replied to the first, asking again if they'd be interested in a shoot?

If I get no reply, and I remain interested, I send a follow up email after a while and repeatedly do so until either I get a reply or they cancel their membership or they block me. (The last of these has never occurred; the first has happened and has led to one or more productive shoots.)

If they ask me to no longer contact then, then of course I'll stop.

I regard my message to the model as unsolicted email (though a permissable and legitimate kind) and naturally it is their perogative to reply or not.

I've never answered a model's casting call, but if I did, I would regard my reply equally as an unsolicted communication, for them to respond to or ignore as they see fit.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

24 June 2013 15:54
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from skymouse
If I get no reply, and I remain interested, I send a follow up email after a while and repeatedly do so until either I get a reply or they cancel their membership or they block me. (The last of these has never occurred)

I'd never go to that extent to get a reply, I'd be concerned I'd be viewed as a pest. I've sent a follow up email to the model that I started this thread about, but won't be sending any more if that's not replied to.

24 June 2013 16:02
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from skymouse

I've never answered a model's casting call, but if I did, I would regard my reply equally as an unsolicted communication

I've never answered one either, but if I did I certainly wouldn't regard my email as unsolicited; the model is, after all, inviting replies to her call.

14 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Brightonblonde Lord1982
Blancho cliffc dbphoto gperl Hazy imageatthemill James7799 Kjoservices orca_photography plld psn simont