Reminder Secure

Email replies....... or not, as the case is.

Rupert Rudd is off-line
21 June 2013 06:59
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

The ones that really give me the pip is when you have responded to their casting call and they cannot muster a reply to what was their invitation. Plain bad manners.
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

21 June 2013 12:02
paulgregory
Photographer

Quote from RupertRudd
The ones that really give me the pip is when you have responded to their casting call and they cannot muster a reply to what was their invitation. Plain bad manners.

Well said totally agree

22 June 2013 19:19
Honesty
Model
This member has been suspended

I'd say a week from opening tops (notification may be turned off) Sometimes I need to think before replying, look at port maybe contact models but in most cases a week is enough. Any more and it's a no go. As far as I know ive replied to everyone thats ever contacted me. But life often gets in the way. Also bear in mind the msg limitations sometimes I've spent 3 days replying to everyone in order but running out of msgs happens. Especially if people fire off replies to replies immediately. If I was a photographer I wouldn't waste time on follow ups.

Maybe you guys should lobby for email stats to reveal actual responses. It'd save you a lot of time but also help us when we're looking for other mods to shoot with.... wait a minute am I actually suggesting a fascist enforcement of politeness yes I think I am. How victorian am I?! Or possibly draconian... I guess models even Honesty is a naughty person each other off...

22 June 2013 21:55
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from Honesty

Sometimes I need to think before replying, look at port

Tbh, my port's mediocre at best, but I'd have thought the fact I offer paid shoots if the model's not interested in tf would weigh a bit in my favour in getting replies. Or is that a bit naive?

Ian MACFADYEN is off-lineSilver Member
23 June 2013 05:16
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

I don't believe for one second that models get inundated with messages, - 80 a day? Cloud cuckoo land! I get one or two a week, and I'm a brilliant photographer, so why should a mere stunning model? Are they in demand or something?

23 June 2013 06:34
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from Kiboko
I don't believe for one second that models get inundated with messages, - 80 a day? Cloud cuckoo land! I get one or two a week, and I'm a brilliant photographer, so why should a mere stunning model? Are they in demand or something?

23 June 2013 07:36
Honesty
Model

Quote from Kiboko

what if you only have 5 or 6 a day?

23 June 2013 07:56
Honesty
Model

Quote from PaulManuell
Tbh, my port's mediocre at best, but I'd have thought the fact I offer paid shoots if the model's not interested in tf would weigh a bit in my favour in getting replies. Or is that a bit naive?

A little bit. sometimes I've turned down paid because things have been a bit "creepy gwc" and the port has made me suspicious. It may be the idea that's not interesting to the model, she may have tonnes of the proposed style already, who knows. I'm not really sure that replies are anything to do with whether the model is or isn't getting paid, or the work is or isn't appealing to her. I think a lot of models have other jobs/commitments and so they don't feel they need to be polite or mindful of their conduct as they don't rely on the work. Those of us that are real models, rely on our reps and will reply. Anyone that doesn't is probably not worth booking anyway.

23 June 2013 07:58
johnlp
Photographer

Quote from Kiboko

Yes!

And I feel privileged to have worked with her three times.

23 June 2013 08:26
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from Honesty

A little bit. sometimes I've turned down paid because things have been a bit "creepy gwc" and the port has made me suspicious. It may be the idea that's not interesting to the model, she may have tonnes of the proposed style already, who knows. I'm not really sure that replies are anything to do with whether the model is or isn't getting paid, or the work is or isn't appealing to her. I think a lot of models have other jobs/commitments and so they don't feel they need to be polite or mindful of their conduct as they don't rely on the work. Those of us that are real models, rely on our reps and will reply. Anyone that doesn't is probably not worth booking anyway.

Thanks Honesty, really appreciate all that. It's a helpful and informative insight into things from a model's perspective.

14 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
missminiskirt Trinalee
djb1 Don_Dark duncanjames fannmore GerryS2 jake_istvan JohnDentonPhoto Lumen Paz photomart Rscott360 Stevew1