Reminder Secure

I'm off to Hollywood! What to do and see???

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Sassy is off-lineSilver Member
19 June 2013 16:10
Sasparella
Model

Tyne and Wear
Sunderland

I'm going to Hollywood in August. I'm staying for a few weeks doing some shoots.
When I have time off, any suggestions for what I should do or see!
I'm already going to do the usual tours of stars homes, haunted Hollywood tour and The Museum of Death!
Stayed on Rodeo Drive last year, so seen all that

Any suggestions or stories of your own trip, I'd love to hear

Thanks guys

Sassy
X

Paul Ottey is off-lineSilver Member
19 June 2013 17:22
otteypm
Photographer
otteypm
Staffordshire

Go to Universal Studios, make sure you go on the studio tour, it's fantastic.....
Video Shizzle https://vimeo.com/user2367653/videos

toast is off-line
20 June 2013 02:56
TravellingToast
Photographer
TravellingToast
Singapore

+1 for universal studios
If you don't want to wait in line for rides / shows you can spent a little more and get Back Lot tickets. Worth it on a busy day but when we went there weren't many ppl so we could have done without it

If you have a day or two off I'd recommend going to Vegas. It's over the top, plastic, cheesy but hey it's Vegas!
When I was there I spent 3 nights in Vegas and spent a whole day driving to the Grand Canyon and back again - loved it

I've never been but I hear San Diego is also amazing

Mark Holmes is off-line
20 June 2013 04:07
markho
Photographer
markho
East Sussex

Lucky you
I'd recommend heading out to Malibu beach
Just iconic location and great surf
Awesome if you could fix a shoot there - I'll check my availability lol
Mark x
PS - if you can, Death Valley is also a-maz-ing

Amber West is off-line
20 June 2013 05:03
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

Was there last year on a very impromptu trip. I LOVE LA. Only things, as I'm sure you know - make sure you have a car/someone else with you does, as place is a nightmare if you have to rely on public transport. Also on a side note, remember in the States you need to carry your drivers liscense with you - as if you get in to any trouble with your car (yup, my boyfriend speeded!) they will not take kindly to you not having this and may ask you to go down to station.

Venice Beach has a great atmosphere. Melrose Avenue is fun for shopping, as is Santa Monica. I'm really into my rock music so I loved Rainbow Bar and Grill on Sunset Blvd - the steaks bring a whole new meaning to 'massive', same for the pizza!
Have fun!

Sassy is off-lineSilver Member
20 June 2013 06:10
Sasparella
Model

Tyne and Wear
Sunderland

Thanks for all the advice guys!
Iv been to Vegas before and believe me I'm gagging to go again!!
Beaches are a definitely!
Drivers Licence-check!
As for rides, not my cup of tea I'm afraid. The only type of ride I'd go on are the ones outside of supermarkets that are 50p

Of course, I'm working out and dieting now so that when I get there I can sample all the great (supersized) food!
Especially the deep fried cheeseburgers! ?

toast is off-line
20 June 2013 06:51
TravellingToast
Photographer
TravellingToast
Singapore

to be honest.. i wasnt a great fan of the food there - thought that NY had a much better offering. Hope you find some great places to eat at though

Also, avoid the La Brea tar pits.. its pretty boring lol

But if you have time, San Diegy may be worth while too... have an awesome time!

CGW is off-line
20 June 2013 09:22
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

I've been there a few times and don't like it much, most of LA is a boring, vast urban sprawl with endless concrete freeways and traffic jams.

Sorry, that's a bit negative, there are some highlights worth going to that have already been mentioned. A drive up and around the San Bernardino mountains is nice and if you have time, continue out to the Joshua tree national park - if you like that sort of thing that is

San Diego is a good shout too, fantastic zoo, a seaworld and an area called La Jolla (pronounced Hoya) that is really nice for beaches and night life.

toast is off-line
21 June 2013 05:07
TravellingToast
Photographer
TravellingToast
Singapore

Just don't take photos of ppl on the streets (I'm guessing they were street performers)
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/06/19/woman-dies-after-stabbing-near-hollywood-highland-complex/

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Cheshunt83 chrisfrancis18 g2studio nuclear314 rowen16