MacGyver would be proud !!

2BridgesPhotography is off-line
15 June 2013 17:03
2BridgesPhotography
Photographer
2BridgesPhotography
Cambridgeshire
Peterborough

I was recently hired, although 'bribed' would be more accurate (Fancy dresses for my 3 young daughters, and all the black forest gateau I could eat...) to take the official Photos at my sisters 30th wedding anniversary/wedding day vow renewal shindig.

All was going well (no embarrassing lens cap moments or drunk(ish) relatives), until the next day , when removing the SD cardfrom my camera it fell apart Noooooooo!!! .....absolutely no idea how I'd damaged it and you probably couldn't if you tried, but following some very VERY careful Magnifying glass, tweezers and bulldog clip manipulation  - I managed to get the card remnants out of my camera, hold it all together and into my reader and imported the 300 plus RAW pics to lightroom (to say I was relieved is an understatement,definitely a laundry moment), although she hasn't seen them yet so who knows!! lol.

To break up a rather boring TV Saturday  - A light hearted question to other Photographers/models/Mua etc , have YOU had a knuckle biting, i'm going to give it all up and join a monestary near miss, what happened and how did you deal with it.

oh and for those 'whipper snappers' who don't know who MacGyver was - google it lol

desyek is off-line
15 June 2013 17:50
desyek
Photographer
desyek
Mid Glamorgan

RDA would've used a paperclip and piece of string
Mr. Jelly! Mr. Jelly! Error at Address Number 6, Treacle Mine Road. Melon melon melon +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++ +++Whoops! Here comes the cheese! +++

Razoir is off-line
15 June 2013 20:10
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

Shooting a wedding on 120 film, dropped a roll as I took it out of the camera and heard it going, tic, tic, tic along the aisle with the paper not gummed down. Fogged for sure, was my expectation. Not a mark. PHEW!
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

Paul Riddell is off-line
17 June 2013 10:40
riddell
Photographer
riddell
Hertfordshire
berkhamsted

I've had many occasions of equipment failure. Funniest would proabably be pulling a 300mm lens out my bag to find only half the lens came out. It had literally come apart into 2 halves. Turned out the screws had simply fell out due to vibrations.

Of course the moral of this story is always to have backups. I've learnt in the past you need backups for your backups
www.photographybyriddell.co.uk

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
csk_photography Studio1