Reminder Secure

Two Lanes - Two Hundred meters before we are back into a single lane - what's that all about ???

Mantisphoto is off-lineSilver Member
11 June 2013 16:53
mantisphoto
Photographer
mantisphoto
Birmingham

It is usually to stop there being such a large queue of traffic waiting at the lights... 2 cars wide means its a lot shorter!!

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
11 June 2013 17:53
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Quote from DorsetHammer
Merge in turn in accordance with Highway Code - Rule 134

Quote from stolenfaces
But who's turn is it first ?

Funny that.  

The 2 year old Mercedes on The Forth Road Bridge a couple of years back thought it was his turn.
Me, in my 30 year old clapped out Cortina dropped a gear, and let him hit me at 30 mph, knowing it was my turn.

The police sgreed it was my turn, and charged him with drink driving.
The insurance men gave me a nice big cheque that paid to rebuild my old car frown
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Peter Roach is off-lineGold Member
12 June 2013 08:05
flashysnapper
Photographer
flashysnapper
Staffordshire
burton on trent

The best example I've seen in my home town is a fairly new junction with lights, two lanes into one, just as they merge the council have put a bus stop!! this is within 50yds of the lights on a major route out of town.

Phil Black is off-lineSilver Member
13 June 2013 06:19
Dandelion
Photographer

Norfolk
Norwich

Sandy

The right lane at lights is there so that cars stuck behind a combine harvester can have some chance of getting past.
The real culprits are people who have a chance to overtake but instead stick close behind a slow moving vehicle
thereby stopping anyone else overtaking

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Modtog1976 poah Rowen16