Reminder Secure

Two Lanes - Two Hundred meters before we are back into a single lane - what's that all about ???

Jonathan is off-line
11 June 2013 13:40
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Nottinghamshire

I thank everyone for educating me about the middle lane and the M1. I never hogged the middle lane but wondered.

One last question please:

There I am, waiting for the trafic lights to change from red to green.

At this point there are two lanes - I am in the left hand lane.

Loads of cars pile into the right hand lane.

In about 200 meters ahead the lanes merge back into one.

There is some difficulty in merging and essentially just a re-shuffle of the vehicles.

My question is this - shouldn't the right hand lane just be used if you want to over-take something really slow, like a combine harvester ?

A waiting to be educated me.

Relax, take it easy and float down-stream with the Sandy Camel

Jonathan is off-line
11 June 2013 13:40
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Nottinghamshire

sorry - I meant metres

Jonathan is off-line
11 June 2013 13:47
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Nottinghamshire

Oh - I think the title is too long - sorry

Paul Hodson is off-line
11 June 2013 14:03
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from SandyCamel

My question is this - shouldn't the right hand lane just be used if you want to over-take something really slow, like a combine harvester ?

No - you merely have to have the relevant performance figures of the various vehicles to hand, factor in the clothing of the driver and his age and whether or not he is mouth breathing.

Then, choose your lane.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Jonathan is off-line
11 June 2013 14:09
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Nottinghamshire

Quote from mph
Quote from SandyCamel My question is this - shouldn't the right hand lane just be used if you want to over-take something really slow, like a combine harvester ?

No - you merely have to have the relevant performance figures of the various vehicles to hand, factor in the clothing of the driver and his age and whether or not he is mouth breathing. Then, choose your lane.

Yeah, but a BMW for example is not that much faster than a Mondeo over that distance is it ??? 

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
11 June 2013 14:10
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Merge in turn in accordance with Highway Code - Rule 134
It was broken when I got here

Paul Hodson is off-line
11 June 2013 14:11
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from SandyCamel
from SandyCamel My question is this - shouldn't the right hand lane just be used if you want to over-take something really slow, like a combine harvester ? No - you merely have to have the relevant performance figures of the various vehicles to hand, factor in the clothing of the driver and his age and whether or not he is mouth breathing. Then, choose your lane.

Yeah, but a BMW for example is not that much faster than a Mondeo over that distance is it ??? 

You need of course to know the precise model - but factoring in the other details should provide a reasonable estimate.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Neil Anderson is off-line
11 June 2013 14:14
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from DorsetHammer
Merge in turn in accordance with Highway Code - Rule 134

But who's turn is it first ?
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Paul Hodson is off-line
11 June 2013 14:26
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from stolenfaces
But who's turn is it first ?

First one to get his nose in front?  laugh

Ken Smith is off-line
11 June 2013 14:37
Ken_Smith
Photographer
Ken_Smith
Nottinghamshire
Ashfield

It's so that boy racers can line up side by side at the lights.

200 metres is considered an adequate distance to decide the winner.
David Wilder, Unemployed, 42, ROCK LEGEND. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV4NpAnDV8s

33 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Gemma89273 Kimmikitsch Lushlolly pinklilly rob452 swifty24 Teela Winterlilly
63jian abouncer Andyphotography davejarvis djb1 eosfan gerryquiff humphries JohnDentonPhoto Kjoservices Mac mikebee pcmphotography philippahh picusio RupertRudd skinz steveh32 tob Visions11 Willjamieson
Emilyvarnfieldmua
harbourstudio thephotographystudios