Reminder Secure

I said I wouldn't post one of these, but...

White Python is off-line
08 June 2013 05:09
WhitePython
Photographer
WhitePython
South Yorkshire
Barnsley

...I am so annoyed and sad!

Sat here in the studio twiddling my thumbs. Let down by one model for this slot yesterday , put up a last minute casting, arranged a replacement model , who has then no-showed!
How annoying is that??

Then I have another shoot booked this afternoon and not heard a peep from the model for a good while, and she's not responding to messages! So that's gonna be a no-show too, I reckon! Hope she proves me wrong...but I am not getting my hopes up!

Could be out having fun in the sun with the kids, or something.

Gerry is off-line
08 June 2013 05:25
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Quote from WhitePython
... Could be out having fun in the sun with the kids, or something.

Possibly what the "model" thought?

TF casting on a weekend is unlikley to appeal to the professional models - and the newbies are most likely to get a paid shoot offer at a weekend or decide after arranging they would rather go out with their mates. Add in good weather and you are possibly heading for a fall
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

08 June 2013 05:28
silverk
Photographer

Oh well these things happen, keep smiling, move on and try and enjoy the sun as well

White Python is off-line
08 June 2013 05:33
WhitePython
Photographer
WhitePython
South Yorkshire
Barnsley

Quote from Gerry99111
Possibly what the "model" thought?

TF casting on a weekend is unlikley to appeal to the professional models - and the newbies are most likely to get a paid shoot offer at a weekend or decide after arranging they would rather go out with their mates. Add in good weather and you are possibly heading forĀ a fall

Yeah, possibly. Shame that we were in conversation until 11 last night, and then nothing since then. She responded to a casting as well, and at that point said she'd LOVE to work with me...

Crap, innit?

White Python is off-line
08 June 2013 05:44
WhitePython
Photographer
WhitePython
South Yorkshire
Barnsley

Quote from silverk
Oh well these things happen, keep smiling, move on and try and enjoy the sun as well

I thought of that, but the wife and kids have gone out now...

Ah well, tidy the studio and wait for my customer (who will show up as I have heard from her this morning) and then see if my afternoon model is a no-show!

Ratana Rose is off-line
08 June 2013 06:05
RattusRock
Model
RattusRock
County Durham
durham

Quote from WhitePython

Yeah, possibly. Shame that we were in conversation until 11 last night, and then nothing since then. She responded to a casting as well, and at that point said she'd LOVE to work with me...

Crap, innit?

maybe she just hasnt logged on today?

11 last night isn't long ago, she might be showering, doing hair/make up, packing etc... believe it or not but models dont just sit around all the time twiddling there thumbs waiting for photographers to message, a lot can go into getting ready before a shoot

also its only 11, the shoot isnt until the afternoon then she might be out or having a lie in with her free time on the weekend

White Python is off-line
08 June 2013 06:25
WhitePython
Photographer
WhitePython
South Yorkshire
Barnsley

Quote from RattusRock

11 last night isn't long ago, she might be showering, doing hair/make up, packing etc... believe it or not but models dont just sit around all the time twiddling there thumbs waiting for photographers to message, a lot can go into getting ready before a shoot

also its only 11, the shoot isnt until the afternoon then she might be out or having a lie in with her free time on the weekend

Shoot was for 10am this morning...

White Python is off-line
08 June 2013 06:28
WhitePython
Photographer
WhitePython
South Yorkshire
Barnsley

Quote from RattusRock

The shoot for this afternoon is a completely different model who hasn't responded to messages for the last week to try to confirm the shoot. She may yet show up, who knows, but it might have been nice for her to send a reply to the several messages just saying "yeah, it's ok...see you then" or "No, sorry, something came up". But not a dickie-bird!

And yes, I do know of photographers who are as bad...this is not a model-bashing, just me saying I am sad because I could have done something else.

White Python is off-line
08 June 2013 06:31
WhitePython
Photographer
WhitePython
South Yorkshire
Barnsley

Quote from RattusRock

And I was only twiddling my thumbs because, believe it or not, I had turned up to my studio early, got everything set up ready, got the kettle filled and ready, bought the milk, checked camera and batteries, lenses and lights, and sorted a few of the props I was going to use. Only started twiddling my thumbs after the model no-showed.

White Python is off-line
08 June 2013 07:37
WhitePython
Photographer
WhitePython
South Yorkshire
Barnsley

...And there we go...just got word, 2 hours before the start time that the afternoon model has cancelled too. Only now, despite several messages throughout the last week to try to confirm the shoot.

37 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Carinasl celebrateeverymoment Donnybabe11 KayleighChristina Natural_happy_girl PrettyDiamond SJH30
abouncer andygstudios carshaltonkev cliffc couchestudio davkit duncanjames Essexjohn freddie GlasgowPhotographer hardik79 Hioctane JohnDentonPhoto Kiboko Kjoservices Ladiesman Leztec MIB nunude panda49 redbaron rossvincent rscott360 rumbleuk steveh32 tonyg wacTony WesternRoom
Charlottealom
barlowstudios