Bill Haley is off-lineSilver Member
10 June 2013 11:23
pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
Hampshire
Portsmouth

Quote from stolenfaces
You seem to misunderstand the concept of the 'nanny state' - the nanny state forces you to look after yourself - stopping you killing other people is a prime function of any state. Much of this discussion seems to be contrasting people's 'amusing' comments about driving on dual-carriageways in rural backwaters with others' experiences on 4 or 6 lane motorways. Personally I find French motorways sensible with an 80mph limit in dry weather, but 70 in wet weather. I would favour a similar system here except that it would reportedly cost at leat £500 million

Absolutely no misunderstanding of what Nanny state means, usually making laws to penalise those who are sensible in favour of those who can't be bothered.
How hard can it be?

Aimee Curry is off-line
11 June 2013 09:03
sexyswindler
Model
sexyswindler
Buckinghamshire
Milton Keynes

Because people like me do 80 and you'll be in my way
Follow me :) @aimee_curry

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
11 June 2013 12:15
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Quote from EdT
The difference is that in France the police don't bother much about stopping people for speeding.

They rely on speed cameras instead which bring in around 600 million Euro a year. 

It was broken when I got here

lily is off-line
13 June 2013 16:30
lilybaby
Model
lilybaby
Greater Manchester
carrbrook

this is lilys partner may i as a lorry driver add to this debate ?

iam resticted to 56mph on motorways and cannot use the outside lane except when directed by HA or plod which affects me when i come across some numb nut cruising along in lane 2 in his 4x4 at 53/54 mph now i am at 56 mph do i undertake him cant over take as im banned from lane three so i have to sit just behind this idiot in lane one matching his speed which also efectivley turns the whole motorway in to a single carriegeway for vehicles moving faster . these are the type of people that the truck driving community are informed the police will be targeting not the peopl who are and i quote " making progress in the flow of traffic and not causing bunching of traffic .

hope this helps from anothers point of view

EdT is off-line
14 June 2013 02:41
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

Quote from lilybaby
this is lilys partner may i as a lorry driver add to this debate ?

iam resticted to 56mph on motorways and cannot use the outside lane except when directed by HA or plod which affects me when i come across some numb nut cruising along in lane 2 in his 4x4 at 53/54 mph now i am at 56 mph do i undertake him cant over take as im banned from lane three so i have to sit just behind this idiot in lane one matching his speed which also efectivley turns the whole motorway in to a single carriegeway for vehicles moving faster . these are the type of people that the truck driving community are informed the police will be targeting not the peopl who are and i quote " making progress in the flow of traffic and not causing bunching of traffic .

hope this helps from anothers point of view

I've seen this numerous times, often with the "numb nut" doing 50mph or less. It not only leaves the lorry drivers having to match his speed but means that a queue of traffic also builds up in lane 2. This queue is all the unfortunate individuals who didn't get into the (now overloaded) lane 3 in time. They're now stuck driving at 50mph and have no chance of filtering into a lane travelling at 70mph, with absolutely no gaps between the cars because 80% of the traffic is in that one lane.

15 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Inori Jenny_P_Model rob452 staceyolacey toxicinnocence zavego
63jian AndiCallen copperbronze Gaudinio GGDP_Photography Joolsy JRsPhotography modelboutique
Dav2449