Reminder Secure

Models with that Extra Kinetic Dimension!!

This thread is being watched by 1 person
OldMaster is off-line
04 June 2013 07:41
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

I refer of course to EKD, Emma Kate Dawson. Many times on these forums there have been discussions about what is meant by  "professional" or "amateur" status. The simplest explanation is of course one receives pay in return for services.

But as we all know the expression "professional" infers a lot more than that. It is both a noun and an adjective! I added my reference to Emma's page after my shoot with her and joined the other 300!! Clearly there are many who are very aware of this lady's substantial talents!

Beware if Emma contacts you for a shoot!! She is a shrewd and successful business woman who could show a clean pair of heals to any of the Apprentice female applicants...you will feel privileged and honoured to work with her and part with your cash willingly!! 

On set she displays qualities that may surprise you! I still believe there has to be a chemistry to any shoot to get the best results. Initially she may show a shyness and vulnerability, particularly with new photographers, until of course she has worked you out! Once "the boundaries" are set you will be very hard pushed to keep up with her spark and creativity. This girl becomes who you want her to be..absolutely electric!!

Just try and keep up with her, don't try and talk because she is ahead of you. I usually try and give direction and tried to adjust a few poses..just to make me feel good I suppose and to reassure myself I had some control over this phenomenon in front of me!!!

So of course a huge thank you to Emma, but in terms of this post, just some thoughts on the wider meaning of professional. I suppose, in a trite way, and in regard to models it is someone who is talented, beautiful, creative and inspired plus all the admin and communication stuff and at the same time could be the "girl next door" ..!!

I have liberally peppered my page with EKD images. She eats memory cards and I had 500+ images to select from (all RAW!).. from just this one shoot and I am not even a "quantity guy"! I have found it very hard to edit them down..to date anyway, so there are a few to look at. I don't want a critique, thank you, of my skills or lack of them, but check out the variety of poses ..and this is just a fraction of the EKD stream of poses....!

So, amateur or professional photographers, you might as well join the other 300 or so references..you know you want to! EKD is definitely Not Scary..and will demonstrate to you just what a professional model can bring in terms of a really pleasurable way to spend some time..and get some great images too!!

Bill Haley is off-lineSilver Member
04 June 2013 13:39
pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
Hampshire
Portsmouth

Nice to hear some praise for a good model instead of the usual slagging off sessions.
How hard can it be?

Cody is off-lineSilver Member
04 June 2013 14:45
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

Yes, it's really nice of you to post this She must be chuffed!

Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
04 June 2013 15:37
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Had a shoot with her last month at Worksop photographic studio got to agree a fantastic model.

OldMaster is off-line
04 June 2013 15:45
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

Cody....you are up there to in the "fab" and "professional" league!! Must be the weather...what's come over me!!! We could widen this out and use the post to celebrate some of the superb models that we have worked with? We all know its a transaction but some create a total experience well beyond just the brief?

04 June 2013 19:02
laurenlangley
Model

I have known emma since she started and she is undoubtedly one of the top ten best glamour models in the country.Anyone who works with her is privileged because she is the complete package and lovely too.She such a talent.Shows what a true top model is capable of.
I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your´╗┐ Internet-assembled philosophy

OldMaster is off-line
05 June 2013 09:20
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

..and this wasn't even a glamour shoot!! Although a good earner I am sure, I think Emma is trying to build a body of work a little outside the mainstream commercial areas as well...

She would have to answer that one herself!

Qu is off-line
05 June 2013 14:26
hhoa
Photographer
hhoa
London
London

Excellent post!

captainblack is off-line
05 June 2013 15:58
captainblack
Photographer

Staffordshire

I've not had the pleasure to shoot Emma yet,looking to change that soon, but i think you are a little in love. (lol)

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
05 June 2013 16:19
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

I would have to agree, Emma is a brilliant model and an excellent singer too.

I am now budgeting for my next shoot with her.

The issue is that she is in the England Midlands and I am in North East Scotland.

She is excellent at model and great value for money for shooting.
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

6 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
antonart Antz dby47 flair_photography Pval Steveh32