Profiles clean-up

Peter Bailey is off-line
04 June 2013 05:45
bailey_p
Photographer
bailey_p
Cheshire
Manchester

I would like to ask Purestorm if they have any plans to do a clean-up of profiles which have not been logged into for over a year.

I'm looking at popping over to Spain for a week and thought it would be nice to spend a day shooting a european Model on a beach in the sun.

Out of 40 models listed for Spain 13 Models have logged into their accout in 2013

The other 27 Models have not logged into their accout in 2013 some of the last log in dates go ack to 2010 with one Model posting a comment in November 2011 saying she is "Currently unavailable to do any shoots sorry".

I feel a profile clean up is required for all profiles as I'm sure this will release a large amount of space on your server as well as keeping all profile current.

I would also suggest a rule change stating that any profile not used in six months will be removed or suspended and later removed.
Moderator Input (again)
Purestorm is primarily an IMAGE PORTFOLIO HOSTING website.
Many members use it solely for this purpose and do not actively seek shoots
nor do they use the site for messaging or for chat forum posting.

Whenever we remove dormant profiles we receive indignant complaints from
members asking why we have removed their images and their page without reason.

It is not uncommon for us to be contacted by a member after 3, 4 or 5 years when
they wish to change images but no longer have access to their registration email.

As there is a last login date on every profile members can see at a glance
if the portfolio owner is regularly checking for work offers.

The Norfolk Bargee  is off-line
04 June 2013 05:55
BOBREEVES
Photographer

Northamptonshire
Northampton

good idea..

04 June 2013 05:58
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Unfortunately if they did that, their member numbers would plummet.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

The Norfolk Bargee  is off-line
04 June 2013 06:11
BOBREEVES
Photographer

Northamptonshire
Northampton

Quote from Socialdisaster
Unfortunately if they did that, their member numbers would plummet.

surely 'quality is better than quantity' ??

04 June 2013 06:21
JadedRed
Model

The site has said a bunch of times that this is a portfolio hosting site and it is not a requirement that members use the other facilities to be allowed to keep a profile. So no they won't remove them.

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
04 June 2013 06:24
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

Purestorm will always refer back to the fact its a portfolio hosting site as if to suggest interacting with you account isn't essential, although I do agree there's a point where actual removal perhaps with a couple of email warning/notice alerts could be away forward.

I guess the timeline search facility allows you to see where you stand with model/photographer activity, also isn't there a possibility activity could be subjective! 5 shoots in 5 years on a free account could that be classed as clogging up space? Just a thought!

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
04 June 2013 07:15
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

It does seem unlikely though a model/photographer/MUA would open a page, load pics and not bother to update or check in with their account yet still be relying on it? an image hungry profession at any level, improving techniques, working with better people etc, even if you were so busy on other sites surly that would be producing images you'd want to use. You get email notification (unless turned off) so surely too you'd want to check a possible offer? I personally think the hosting concept is over rated! I'm not here to showcase a port when I've unlimited space on Facebook, 1TB storage on Flicker etc, etc. I'd like to see 1 year no log in, gone after 2 contacts from admin with no response!
Dominic

Paul Hodson is off-line
04 June 2013 07:59
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

I keep various favourites list - and go through them regularly sorted by date last logged in - and delete the inactive ones.

Simples!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Oliver Cook is off-line
06 June 2013 08:32
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
Malta

Not sure there is really a problem. When searching I just always search the most recently logged in members. Don't even waste time with models who haven't logged in for ages; its pretty obvious who the active ones are. Like the mod said, it would open a Pandora's box of complaints for them.

Neil Anderson is off-line
06 June 2013 09:32
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Really! It's not difficult to tick the box that says sort by last log-in date.
Nothing like as difficult as deciding on which area to search and which criteria to fill in...
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

13 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ChloeDevine pinklilly
Blancho iestyn Photojoe670 photostevo redtail sammylhel shadowtime74 siclews spiritofwales supernova Willjamieson