Reminder Secure

Cold sores!

03 June 2013 11:55
pixie1290
Model

I am prone to these blighters especially when I'm run down - a lot in my job!

Anyone got any good fixes?!
It's typical that loads of good shoots were planned this week!!

Chrissie Red is off-lineSilver Member
03 June 2013 12:10
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perth/Coupar Angus

Its not something I get very often but an old friend used to suffer badly from them and he swore by "cymex" lip cream, it was the only thing which seemed to help him when he had a break out.

Might be a better idea though to work out the cause and prevent rather than cover and cure techniques.

Having read a little online it seems their preventative measures are fairly simple -

Get enough sleep
Take multi vitamins
Use unblock if you are out in the sun
drink plenty of water
and improve your diet

(which is kind of the "preventative" measures for most ailments really. Look after yourself!

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
03 June 2013 12:35
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Give the boyfriend a good full-on snog, having bateria from another person's mouth helps neutralise the cold sores
I prefer not to think before I speak. I like being just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

03 June 2013 12:47
pixie1290
Model

Quote from RedChecker
Give the boyfriend a good full-on snog, having bateria from another person's mouth helps neutralise the cold sores

This could be fun! Haha!

Thank you.

Malc is off-lineSilver Member
03 June 2013 13:01
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
Strathclyde
Glasgow

Blistex / blisteze (whatever it's called now) - ammonia smelling stuff. Relief and drying up. The herpes virus lives in your spine apparently and emerges when the weather changes or you're run down. I used to get them and now I don't so maybe they are not forever!

White Python is off-lineSilver Member
03 June 2013 13:53
WhitePython
Photographer
WhitePython
South Yorkshire
Barnsley

Tea Tree oil...tastes like crud, but at the first tingling of cold sores it wipes them out.

In fact, Tea Tree oil does loads of good stuff like this...

Frank Sinnott is off-line
03 June 2013 14:11
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

Quote from cziiki
Blistex / blisteze (whatever it's called now) - ammonia smelling stuff. Relief and drying up. The herpes virus lives in your spine apparently and emerges when the weather changes or you're run down. I used to get them and now I don't so maybe they are not forever!

Herpes is forever I'm afraid.  Genital and oral speaking of which (did you see what I did ) don't go down on anyone when when the phase is active. Speaking generally 

Ratana Rose is off-line
03 June 2013 14:31
RattusRock
Model
RattusRock
County Durham
durham

yep herpes is incurable... also please dont go spreading it by snogging people when you have an open soar and stay away from kissing small children

as for covering the soars I dont have much help for that but it can be edited, I have a scar on my lip from a serious dog attack when I was little (its now very old and virtually unnoticeable) it looked a lot like a cold soar as it was heeling but not long after it happened I had my yearly photo done and they had to edit out the scar (back before all the digital/Photoshop) it didn't take long and they said it was pretty easy and the photo turn out great, im sure its easier now a days and as long as the photographer is aware of it everything should be fine

03 June 2013 15:13
pixie1290
Model

Thank you everyone x

JadedRed is off-line
03 June 2013 17:45
JadedRed
Model
JadedRed
Essex

One of the brands that make cold sore treatments has a see through patch that you put on the blister. You can then apply make up over the patch if need be. Pretty much invisible, especially once you put make up on. Can't see any reason why it wouldn't work for a shoot (assuming you are using your own make up, wouldn't want to risk infecting others).

Just be careful when you take it off, if you are rough it can rip the skin off!

171 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
amyc_01 andrea chosin danielle777 dede diesel169 Donna_Austin emmwood Gemini1j ggee hollyelb jaydelee kasia kat176 Kbarnes Lottie21 lotuskerr Luciexbxb lukeyb666 lynnesel mandymack mariapantellismodel melissa_waters Michelleedwards85 milla2012 morganrose91 NMANTINIECE Pamtastic pocketwarrior PollyMoore Raphaellalily Raphaellalily roxymendez rubylou2 SaraDutton savannahlee shadowsfire Sophiehotlips Sophiek sophielaughton sophisticatedsophie staceyblackstock Tronny vellocet
Aidendale andrewf anochecer anthonyh antoinewynn Arria Ash_G batchy85 beaverray Belemboo big123dave bish bobthetog bopguy2k8 BrianJCollins bryslot ce22n1 click_gotcha clivelawrence Dannyrich daveosborne david1500 dg_images digitalsugar DJBlues Dkirk Eddieb em26 fannmore FreelanceBadger Fuchsia1942 geetee geoffmarchant Glynn gordon Graham12 HARAMBEE HowardJ hylander IainT ironblokeman Jackass jackw jaejay JeromeRazoir JimM JTD keithmaherpics KevB KIboko kimphot kimsandman2 kjoleweb kjoservices Ladiesman lify lke lorkin mackenzieking makoimaging markdavey markeos50d Matthew_Ham_Photography maz01 Mercman mghphoto mph mpics mrdl musicman Neil_M nigel OETKB paulgooddy pcmphotography PeterMills phillken Photokirk1 photonortheast Picturemike pixelking Psn pspma raff rawandthecooked Rdp redbaron Reynard Rhadamanthus rich88 RichardN rob25881 RupertRudd sandycamel sdeve seanb Shawry Simon_P simont simpleharmonicmotion smooth_image Snooper911 Spooky stavros steveh32 Stibnite stiletto storm321 StrictlyFunPhotos Studio1 Surreyshooter take5 themunchkinbear togman tonycsm TonyNutley vicpics vijay2023 Vspot wacTony Wallis Wescalder Xafindis xposed
adele_mua sophiebrown
prpstudios
chosin