lack of interest

Ankesenamun is off-line
31 May 2013 18:24
Ankesenamun
Model
Ankesenamun
Essex
Chelmsford

Started out well, do I stay or do I go? I love modelling but don't get as many responses. What am I doing wrong or what is the problem with my portfolio?

Spooky is off-lineSilver Member
31 May 2013 18:41
Spooky
Photographer
Spooky
Hertfordshire
Kimpton, Hitchin

I have had a look at your port and there are some effective images in there but also some less than flattering. A number of images are very sinilar too but I can't see that any would really put off a photographer though; it looks as though you are confident and capable in front of camera. The part that may be problematic is that you take a chaperone to every shoot. Although it is good that you state this in your notes, there are a number of photographers who might take issue with this and may choose not to work with you on that basis.

Ask yourself what kind of work are you after and who / how are you seeking work? Have you put out any casting calls?

I certainly would be interested in working with you should you ever fancy crossing county lines and heading into Hertfordshire!

Keep with it and try to be discerning about who you work with and think specifics about what you want in your portfolio; quality over quantity is good.

Cheers

Spooks
Just because you have a library card, it doesn't make you Yoda

Ankesenamun is off-line
31 May 2013 19:01
Ankesenamun
Model
Ankesenamun
Essex
Chelmsford

hiya, thanks for your response can I ask on the less than flattering pics? Obviously I want the best pics, the best shapes and a way to bring in the work. advise is fab and I wont be offended (maybe a bit :-( ) but not offended :-)

thanks

Lisa

Oscars Photostudio is off-line
01 June 2013 01:24
oscar
Photographer
oscar
Cheshire
Nr Warrington

Be a bit more selective with your images. If you are prepared to work TFP contact local photographers whos' work you like and ask for a shoot.
Chaperone may be a problem. A smile would help.
Apart from distance I would offer to shoot you.

G Jack B is off-line
01 June 2013 02:48
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Devon
Plymouth

Quote from oscar
Be a bit more selective with your images. If you are prepared to work TFP contact local photographers whos' work you like and ask for a shoot. Chaperone may be a problem. A smile would help. Apart from distance I would offer to shoot you.

+1

Real Bread Cook by day, BTL landlord & IT Guru - who said men can't multitask!

Nick Atkins is off-lineGold Member
01 June 2013 03:11
NATKINS
Photographer
NATKINS
Oxfordshire

I agree with the above comments re: the quality of your images.

Just as a one off, why not find a photographer whose images you like and pay for a portfolio shoot to give your marketing a boost.

Hope this helps...

Nick
I've taken a vow of poverty - if you really want to annoy me, send money.

Spike is off-line
01 June 2013 05:35
Spike
Photographer
Spike
Hertfordshire
St Albans

Quote from Spooky
I have had a look at your port and there are some effective images in there but also some less than flattering. A number of images are very sinilar too but I can't see that any would really put off a photographer though; it looks as though you are confident and capable in front of camera. The part that may be problematic is that you take a chaperone to every shoot. Although it is good that you state this in your notes, there are a number of photographers who might take issue with this and may choose not to work with you on that basis. Ask yourself what kind of work are you after and who / how are you seeking work? Have you put out any casting calls? I certainly would be interested in working with you should you ever fancy crossing county lines and heading into Hertfordshire! Keep with it and try to be discerning about who you work with and think specifics about what you want in your portfolio; quality over quantity is good. Cheers Spooks

Words of wisdom from Spooky

Plus just done a search in your region for the same levels as you, age range 4 years either side of you results in 6 models including yourself, the other 5 have better images in their portfolios plus none of them insist on a chaperone.

"Photoshop is there to cut diamonds, not polish turds"

Ankesenamun is off-line
01 June 2013 07:42
Ankesenamun
Model
Ankesenamun
Essex
Chelmsford

Thanks for all your replies so far, they are very helpful. I know some togs have chaperone issues and some don't, just makes me feel even more comfortable than I already would be :-)

Getting some PM feedback re: images will be working on those over then next few days, also some possible local tfcd shoots. So your advise has been a help.

Regards

Lisa

Clive Burgess is off-line
01 June 2013 09:13
CBPhotography
Photographer
CBPhotography
Devon
Ivybridge

I guess not all will agree with me, but some poses work with younger models, more mature models often need to not try to copy them but find that style that suits their age/shape/figure.
I think by looking at models of a similar age group you will see that mature models can create some great poses which really suit them whereas if they copy a 18year old, it somehow doesn't work.
Hope this helps. And like the others I would be happy to work with you, so maybe any lack of interest is not just you but affecting many of us.

Jesfish is off-line
01 June 2013 14:14
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Hi,

I think if you're going to do shoots with fetish/latex clothing, they need to be great shots otherwise they can look tacky.  Your images do you no favours.  If I was you I'd start again...look at some images by photographers you like and either ask them to collaborate or pay them for their time.  Also perhaps book a MUA/stylist as they can make all the difference.

Best of luck

20 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin MissCaraJane
bengie dby47 dorrian gwentman iestyn JRFox keltica Kimily Matt1988 mlp plld robhillphoto snarf Sp_digital Steveh32 TinDolls WellandPhoto Willjamieson