This thread is being watched by 1 person
Nicky Anderson is off-line
30 May 2013 03:43
meili01
Model
meili01
Devon

Hi guys/girls,

I have been asked to provide photos in accordance with these guidelines to a modelling agency interested in taking me on-FINALLY!!
My question is, can you recommend a photographer or stylist that's based close to or within Manchester and is not massively expensive to help me fulfill these criteria? Or do you know how much roughly I should be looking at spending?
I'm getting recommendations here (as opposed to putting out a casting call) because I think this might be a useful thread for others to see. Thanks in advance!

• Have been taken within the last few months
  • Have been taken in a studio with professional lighting (shots taken outside the studio are not suitable)
  • Have been taken against a plain backdrop
  • Have been taken where a professional stylist was present on the shoot
  • Have been re-touched to a high-standard
  • Include head shots, full-length and half-length shots where the model is looking at the camera
  • We cannot use images that Include the photographer's name or any copyright notice

Pete Whelan is off-line
30 May 2013 04:30
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
Merseyside
Wirral

what agency is it?
www.vipimages.co.uk www.vipstudios.co.uk

30 May 2013 04:40
1919_Images
Photographer

Most agencies want to see polaroid/non professional images of you with minimal make up,hair tied back in underwear with no retouching at all so I'd be wary of whoever has asked for this.

30 May 2013 06:38
PaulManuell
Photographer

Hmmm, sounds a bit iffy to me. They want photos that are retouched to a high standard and can't 'use' ones that include the photographer's name or that have copyright. To me it sounds as if they want professional standard photos with no work input from themselves, then to 'use' them, presumably with making a profit in mind in some way or other.

30 May 2013 06:56
JennyWren
Model
This member has been reset to pending

Hmmm, doesn't sound right to me. As said above, most of the top agencies are happy with photos that your mum or friend could take. No makeup, no retouching, basic underwear snaps. After all they need to see what the "real" model looks like, not what photographers and retouched can make the model seem to look like.
Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

Suzy Monty is off-line
30 May 2013 07:52
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Quote from PaulManuell
Hmmm, sounds a bit iffy to me. They want photos that are retouched to a high standard and can't 'use' ones that include the photographer's name or that have copyright. To me it sounds as if they want professional standard photos with no work input from themselves, then to 'use' them, presumably with making a profit in mind in some way or other.

TOTALLY agree with Paul - it's the 're-touched' to a high standard' that's very iffy...usually a model agency will want to see potential models without makeup in an image and def' NOT a re-touched image.

What is the name of agency?
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

30 May 2013 07:54
Socialdisaster
Photographer

On the bright side, you asked here before signing up for the ride.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Ratana Rose is off-line
30 May 2013 10:16
RattusRock
Model
RattusRock
County Durham
durham

sound very scam-y too me, I hope you haven't signed anything or paid any money

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Sarah75
fineartbysimon Glam2k Willjamieson