29 May 2013 16:46
Gee1990
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
Gee1990
Merseyside
Liverpool

Is it best to go for the top upgrade or is the silver upgrade good enough ? Just curouis to see what other peoples views are
carmel cox

Ratana Rose is off-line
29 May 2013 17:00
RattusRock
Model
RattusRock
County Durham
durham

I found silver was enough for me

29 May 2013 21:15
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from Gee1990
Is it best to go for the top upgrade or is the silver upgrade good enough ? Just curouis to see what other peoples views are

Well speaking personally, I tend to give up part way through scrolling the seemingly endless photos on Platinum and Gold models' portfolios, especially when they don't appear to be in chronological order, meaning having to wade through previously seen old photos to view the new ones. Silver membership seems to have the right balance of having enough photos to provide variety and interest, but not so many that they become tedious.

Carmel Cox is off-line
30 May 2013 04:40
Gee1990
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
Gee1990
Merseyside
Liverpool

Thank you for your feedback ... I shall give the silver upgrade a go
carmel cox

Anthonygh is off-line
30 May 2013 05:27
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

I would suggest you have a different selection of images on several sites...and select one as your anchor site if you put out paid casting calls etc.

Each of your profiles can refer to the others.....you could give each site a different flavour...and from what a lot of models tell me...each should refer to a FB profile as well.

Basically.....models and photographers are spoiled for choices now-days. As someone mentioned above.....endless ranks of images are probably counter productive. Selected images across different sites will probably attract more attention.

Moi is off-line
30 May 2013 05:57
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

Quote from PaulManuell
Well speaking personally, I tend to give up part way through scrolling the seemingly endless photos on Platinum and Gold models' portfolios, especially when they don't appear to be in chronological order, meaning having to wade through previously seen old photos to view the new ones. Silver membership seems to have the right balance of having enough photos to provide variety and interest, but not so many that they become tedious.

Sounds like good advice, guess your cheque must have got lost in the post surprise
The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

WebModerator is a moderator
30 May 2013 05:59
WebModerator
West Sussex
Brighton

Quote from anthonyh
each should refer to a FB profile as well.

Posting Facebook links on Purestorm is prohibited - as is explained here in the Premium Members section.
The prohibition
( Clause 6.1.4 ) was introduced primarily on Model Safety grounds and is non-negotiable.
We ask ALL members to comply with this Condition of Use as we have seem the harm which can occur
if certain undesirables are able to discover models' external contact details from public areas of this site.

This topic in Models General Chat is just the tip of a very big iceberg
~§~ FACEBOOK WARNING ! ! ! ~§~

30 May 2013 07:01
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from clearview_photography
Sounds like good advice, guess your cheque must have got lost in the post 

I guess you're referring to me not practising what I preach with Silver membership. Well believe me, it's not through lack of trying to upgrade, that's for sure. Every time I click on the 'Proceed with payment' part it just stalls on the 'Wait a few moments for authorisation' part. Then when I click on whatever it says to do next, f*** all happens. It's infuriating. I've spoken to the mods and they suggested trying a different browser (I've only got basic mobile internet), so I'm just waiting to find someone to do it for me. Bet you wish you'd never asked now

Moderator Input
Mobile Internet is probably your problem - now we know this detail we will pass it on to
the webmaster,  who has been trying to ascertain precisely what your problem is.

Moi is off-line
30 May 2013 07:18
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

Quote from PaulManuell. It's infuriating. I've spoken to the mods and they suggested trying a different browser (I've only got basic mobile internet), so I'm just waiting to find someone to do it for me. Bet you wish you'd never asked now

Moderator Input
Mobile Internet is probably your problem - now we know this detail we will pass it on to
the webmaster,  who has been trying to ascertain precisely what your problem is.

Nope, pleased I did as it looks like you might now gets some action surprise
The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

Anthonygh is off-line
30 May 2013 10:08
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Quote from WebModerator
Posting Facebook links on Purestorm is prohibited - as is explained here in the Premium Members section.
The prohibition
( Clause 6.1.4 ) was introduced primarily on Model Safety grounds and is non-negotiable.
We ask ALL members to comply with this Condition of Use as we have seem the harm which can occur
if certain undesirables are able to discover models' external contact details from public areas of this site.

This topic in Models General Chat is just the tip of a very big iceberg
~§~ FACEBOOK WARNING ! ! ! ~§~

I specifically and deliberately said 'refer' to a FB account......not add a link!

And of course...in the context of this post I was refering to a model account on FB...

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
2bridgesphotography diphoto Robinsky steveh32 TinDolls