Reminder Secure

Casting replies - how do you handle them?

Rich G is off-line
29 May 2013 15:23
SMILESPHOTO
Photographer
SMILESPHOTO
Kent

Feeling guilty and need your advice. When you place a casting and get loads of replies, do you answer each one? In the past I've always tried to do so but recently I've not been doing so as it's so time consuming. I feel guilty because people have taken time to reply (ok - I don't feel guilty about all of them since obviously not all have bothered to read the casting properly!) but what do you do? Cut and paste is not always an option as some replies don't lend themselves to such.
Do I need to be thicker skinned and just move on?

HAPPY TO WORK UP TO OPEN WALLET LEVELS

Jesfish is off-line
29 May 2013 15:26
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Write in your casting that you can only reply to those who you will be booking, but thank the others for applying.

It doesn't bother me If I don't get a reply.  I don't take it personally.

Rich G is off-line
29 May 2013 15:35
SMILESPHOTO
Photographer
SMILESPHOTO
Kent

Quote from jes
Write in your casting that you can only reply to those who you will be booking, but thank the others for applying.

Great idea Jes - thanks for that cheeky

HAPPY TO WORK UP TO OPEN WALLET LEVELS

HowardJ is off-line
29 May 2013 16:01
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

I reply to them all even if it's to say no. Sometimes it's a no for a particular shoot, but they fit the bill for other work. I think it's good for professional relations to reply to all.

Anthonygh is off-line
30 May 2013 04:50
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Since you only have to compose a message once and can copy it to the others and the only additional effort would be to individualize the name...I can't see any justification in not replying.

If you have dozens of replies it can be a bit time consuming (only a bit) but that is an element of good manners...giving one's time.

I wish my casting calls gave me such problems.....

Anthonygh is off-line
30 May 2013 04:55
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Quote from jes

Hard to believe people would ignore your messages....frown

30 May 2013 16:00
CYPhotographer
Photographer

For those who have just mailed "Interested" well, they get a jog on.. At the end of the day its a Casting, a lot of 'Internet' models don't understand what the terminology means and think that because they send a one liner, they're in the door.

Many don't read the criteria and cut and paste to you a response so i wouldn't get too down on that side.

I only reply to ones that meet the criteria because they have actually bothered to read the casting fully.

Darren Brade is off-line
02 June 2013 06:33
darrenbrade
Photographer
darrenbrade
London
London

When I cast (not on this site) I normal give details of how to contact me, normally via email.

makes it much easier to spot those who took time to read the casting and those that didn't.

I replied with a simple message to all of them that read the casting. The ones that didn't were ignored, they won't notice since they probable applied for everything going that day.
www.darrenbrade.com

Spike is off-line
02 June 2013 07:04
Spike
Photographer
Spike
Hertfordshire
St Albans

All models who fit the casting criteria get a reply - if 1st choice drops out may need on as a backup.

Models who don't fit the criteria, eg brunettes when specification is blond,tend not to bother.
"Photoshop is there to cut diamonds, not polish turds"

7 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
pinklilly stratman79
keltica photofrank Robinsky Steveh32 woody