Reminder Secure

Manipulation of a photographer's picture(s)

Gerry is online
28 May 2013 21:13
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Granted, at this scale, the damages the photographer could expect to receive is miniscule, but its still wrong and seriously insulting to change the photographers work.

Models that have a habit of doing that - and its usually the ones who want to "jazz up" [ruin] a picture for facebook are relatively easy to spot and easy to avoid shooting with.

The loss of potential future income for the model is a far more serious consideration for being cavalier about images.

If a model wants to change my work, they are working with the wrong person and they should have considered that before taking the booking.

This is all different from the model offering valuable comment as the pictures are taken or feedback after the edits which are both to be welcomed
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Paul Hodson is off-line
29 May 2013 01:46
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from eebijeebi
I'd try and take you seriously but you haven't actually engaged in debate - just appear to doing panto.

As Bob clearly explained the situation and even a half wit should be able to see the difference between usage rights and copyright I can't see the point. Any difficulties in enforcing the situation does not mean you are splitting hairs!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

29 May 2013 07:54
Honesty
Model
This member has been suspended

Quote from Gerry99111
Its still wrong and seriously insulting to change the photographers work.

Models that have a habit of doing that - and its usually the ones who want to "jazz up" [ruin] a picture for facebook are relatively easy to spot and easy to avoid shooting with.

The loss of potential future income for the model is a far more serious consideration for being cavalier about images.

Fair enough. I'm trying to think of the last time I didn't anything of the sort and I think I was topless with angel wings and wanted to enter the shot in a modelling comp. I censored the nipples with the words "no peeking" I remember the photogrpher thinking it was quite funny and wishing me good luck.

On the other hand if you're going after a company thats actually committed a copyright theft that's really more what these laws are for I know at least one guy who puts full size images up unwatermarked on his website and actually just waits for them to be stolen and then sends a bill plus an explanation of the law. I gather he makes quite a bit.

anyway I only really stopped in on this thread to check the OP hadn't got descended upon and bullied by photographers which I've seen a million times before. Didn't mean to get sucked in. Just thought the comment on enforcement was quite interesting.

OldMaster is off-line
30 May 2013 15:46
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

Hmmm..don't work with photographers who are happy to shoot with unsightly backgrounds. I mean, you were there weren't you and knew what you were standing in front of!

Of course they may have chosen to leave all that stuff in frame for artistic merit but you can't ask anyone else to edit what is not yours to edit. But you know that now. Combine that with looking at prospective photographers' work with a critical eye and you will probably not find yourself in the same situation again!!

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Chanel_sphinx Kaitlynlakenxxx pinklilly
ALANOMNIA Blancho cliffc djb1 gerry99111 gperl gwentman jdunvillephotography mike0048 Njsphotography oscar Philski PhilStorm plld poah redbaron shadowtime74 Skystudio Steveh32 swalsh58