Reminder Secure

Sony NEX 5r

26 May 2013 08:40
KiraLeigh
Model

Hello everyone,

Was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the Sony NEX 5r?

Graham is off-lineSilver Member
27 May 2013 18:17
grahamsphotography
Photographer
grahamsphotography
West Sussex
Chichester

Video or stills?

27 May 2013 19:38
KiraLeigh
Model

Stills.

I am attracted to the idea of it and have seen photos on the internet taken with it, but I am looking for personal opinions of it xxxx

Andy_B is off-lineSilver Member
27 May 2013 20:39
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
London
London

I don't have one, but I did buy the NEX6 a couple of weeks ago and thus far I think it's a great camera. The in built applications are a bit clunky (and it's a pain to have to set up an account to buy them).

I've come from Canons (I still have a 5DII) and Micro 4/3 (which I'm getting rid of). The Sony screen/menus are a bit annoying but the camera body is really decent and the results are much better than my old Micro 4/3.

Apparently the old kit lens on the 5r isn't fantastic and is quite large. A Sony rep (in PC world of all places) was telling me that Jessops are exclusively selling a 5r kit with the new compact 16-50PZ lens (which usually just comes with the 6). I'd recommend this if you end up with the 5r.

08 June 2013 13:11
acroshaw
Photographer

I had one, but i didnt get on with it, think the nex 6 and 7 are much better. I sold it and got a fuji 1ex, which is amazing, see the main shot on my port for an example of what a csc can do! It is more expensive, 900 quid for body and lens, but worth looking at. also check out www.camerajungle.co.uk , they have a csc cameras used, often very cheap good luck!

35 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Annaxxwachowicz chosin DareMeDD Kacie MissCaraJane pinklilly
AesirRey alanstrutt bbphotos chandos chicimages cliffc diphoto ElegantCaptures George99 harmonyfilms hylander James7799 jccj1 JRFox KDP Linas Matt1988 MIB p4pFetography redbaron scruff skymouse spiritofwales steveh32 Stevew1 thelook Thunder_Photos vicpics
matt