Reminder Secure

Sony NEX 5r

26 May 2013 08:40
KiraLeigh
Model

Hello everyone,

Was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the Sony NEX 5r?

Graham is off-lineSilver Member
27 May 2013 18:17
grahamsphotography
Photographer
grahamsphotography
West Sussex
Chichester

Video or stills?

27 May 2013 19:38
KiraLeigh
Model

Stills.

I am attracted to the idea of it and have seen photos on the internet taken with it, but I am looking for personal opinions of it xxxx

Andy_B is off-lineSilver Member
27 May 2013 20:39
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
London
London

I don't have one, but I did buy the NEX6 a couple of weeks ago and thus far I think it's a great camera. The in built applications are a bit clunky (and it's a pain to have to set up an account to buy them).

I've come from Canons (I still have a 5DII) and Micro 4/3 (which I'm getting rid of). The Sony screen/menus are a bit annoying but the camera body is really decent and the results are much better than my old Micro 4/3.

Apparently the old kit lens on the 5r isn't fantastic and is quite large. A Sony rep (in PC world of all places) was telling me that Jessops are exclusively selling a 5r kit with the new compact 16-50PZ lens (which usually just comes with the 6). I'd recommend this if you end up with the 5r.

08 June 2013 13:11
acroshaw
Photographer

I had one, but i didnt get on with it, think the nex 6 and 7 are much better. I sold it and got a fuji 1ex, which is amazing, see the main shot on my port for an example of what a csc can do! It is more expensive, 900 quid for body and lens, but worth looking at. also check out www.camerajungle.co.uk , they have a csc cameras used, often very cheap good luck!

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura NikkiLouise93
ad360photo AndiCallen chicimages coolyam djb1 duncanjames GGDP_Photography Ian_Walker laurencejpower mauricesimagery mg michaelangelo peterh Photokirk1 redbaron Roundhouse Spiritofwales stevegosh Stoker Thunder_Photos tms Tom60 Vinceb Willy_O