Reminder Secure

Models - how many of you are happy with a threesome?!

25 May 2013 14:16
JadedRed
Model

I've shot with maybe 3 or 4 photographers all shooting at once, doesn't bother me at all. Obviously it limits what you can get picture-wise but I assume photographers can manage to grasp that concept all by themselves. Posey, location art nudes; easy, intimate, emotional portraits, not going to happen.

I might consider charging slightly more in a situation where there was no definitive time period for each photographer as I would probably end up working harder (i.e. when a photographer takes a break, or needs to check something, I get a break, with two photographers when one is taking a break i'll probably end up working with the other one). Or I would arrange break time and general working timetable beforehand, whatever seemed the best idea at the time.

Jim Gormley is off-line
25 May 2013 14:59
Truedefinition
Studio
This member has been reset to pending
Truedefinition
Greater Manchester
Stockport

I think maybe the Models are more happier posing for two Photographers than Photographers are working in pairs. To try and keep costs down for the Photographer, rather than my normal one on one Model day, i have a 2 on 1 day currently advertised, 3 top models a hour with each shooting in pairs, all for £70 , but I'm getting very little interest...!
Hallam Mill - a creative Photographers playground - 2 Huge (i mean huge) Studios - Daylight - Flash - Infinity Curve - Props..

25 May 2013 15:55
johnlp
Photographer

Quote from Truedefinition
I think maybe the Models are more happier posing for two Photographers than Photographers are working in pairs.

That's exactly my position.  Where would the continuity be? If I'm trying to give instructions and directions, would I be able to react to another possibility occuring and ask for changes, and then another, and then another, all the time being aware that there's another photographer standing next to me wanting something totally different?  To say that I'd be uncomfortable would be to hugely understate it.  If, as an unlikely example, I were to turn up to a model's house or a studio to be told that the shoot had been doubled booked and "would I mind working as a pair with the other photographer?", I wouldn't even bother taking my camera bag off my shoulder.  I'd ask for my travelling expenses and go home.

I can understand that some models have a range of poses that they've built into what could be best described as a routine, and if the photographers are willing to have a minimal input into the posing, clothes, make-up etc I can see it might work well for all concerned.  For any creative collaboration I think it would be a dead loss.

beauvoir is off-line
25 May 2013 17:37
beauvoir
Model
beauvoir
Birmingham
Birmingham

Why did you have to call it a threesome in the title of the post?

alexkidd is off-line
25 May 2013 17:41
alexkidd
Photographer
alexkidd
East Yorkshire
Hull

it's provocative!

(that alexkidd is a naughty person cray, what she order? fish fillet) do do, doo doo
www.as-images.com or co.uk ~ i lack interweb social skills and may come across a bit james blunt

Jim Gormley is off-line
25 May 2013 17:59
Truedefinition
Studio
This member has been reset to pending
Truedefinition
Greater Manchester
Stockport

Quote from beauvoir

It worked, it got your attention !
Hallam Mill - a creative Photographers playground - 2 Huge (i mean huge) Studios - Daylight - Flash - Infinity Curve - Props..

Rich G is off-line
26 May 2013 17:27
SMILESPHOTO
Photographer
SMILESPHOTO
Kent

Quote from beauvoir

Since I visualised two photographers working with one model,it seemed logical. With the benefit of hindsight, I should have said 'as a threesome'! frown
HAPPY TO WORK UP TO OPEN WALLET LEVELS

beauvoir is off-line
27 May 2013 03:41
beauvoir
Model
beauvoir
Birmingham
Birmingham

Just call it spitroasting a model next time, since they'll be one different sides of her.

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Astramore chosin fashion29 Jessicaliu1993 missminiskirt pinklilly Winterlilly
63jian cliffc couchestudio davidd200 Don_Dark dougharding edwards Essexjohn flair_photography gshocker30 Impulse_Images James7799 Kjoservices MIB modelboutique photomart rscott360 Scottda steeee212 steveh32 thelook westend_portfolios