Reminder Secure

Models - how many of you are happy with a threesome?!

Rich G is off-line
24 May 2013 01:21
SMILESPHOTO
Photographer
SMILESPHOTO
Kent

In these times of hardship, I was wondering how many of you lovely models are happy to shoot with 2 or 3 photographers so they can share your costs. I know that some of you charge per day more than I earn in a week (I'm not knocking this as you do a job which I couldn't) but would you be happy to work with this arrangement so that you're more financially accessible to us mere mortals. We're not talking a group shoot here - just one model with 2 or 3 photographers.

Any comments girls (and boys)?
HAPPY TO WORK UP TO OPEN WALLET LEVELS

Carley Watts is off-line
24 May 2013 02:46
xcarleyx
Model
xcarleyx
Norfolk
norwich

Yeah I can't see why that would be a problem, I've certainly done shoots like that before x

Mark Silvester is off-lineGold Member
24 May 2013 02:58
marksilvester
Photographer
marksilvester
Dorset
Gillingham

It's quite common, I have photographers working together on a shoots at my studio, usually 3 or 4 hour bookings between a couple of photographers. Models get longer bookings as does the studio.

Joel Hicks is off-line
24 May 2013 03:08
JoelHicks
Model
JoelHicks
Leicestershire

No problem at all with that... depending on the style of image being taken and how the photographers work. As a small group of photographers, you have the option of taking it in turns to shoot, or one taking the central shooting position whilst the other two shoot 'over his shoulder' so to speak. This kind of shooting is fine (in general) for all types of shots where nudity isn't involved. I think, and I'd hazard a guess that most models would agree, if shooting nude there needs to be only one person taking images at any one time - to avoid, for example, an open leg shot when the model doesn't do open leg, or 'Little Joel' making an appearance in a frame when I don't do frontal nudity...

OldMaster is off-line
24 May 2013 03:23
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

Speaking from a togs point of view and someone who has mentored studio sessions, always work one to one and take turns!

The "press pack" method can never work and the results will usually be poor..too many cooks comes to mind!! The model and photographer need to focus on each other with clear instructions given by the tog that the model can respond to without feeling she/he is in the middle of a bunch of paps!

24 May 2013 03:28
crystalk
Model

I have worked like this plenty of times and it works really well!
Usually better when the photographers take it in turns as sometimes can be a little confusing in which direction were too look.. Lol
But generally it's a great idea really!!

Amber West is off-line
24 May 2013 03:36
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

As long as the photographers are organised and respectful then I don't mind. Have done it a few times with various duos of photographers, which I've really enjoyed. Seems to work best when the photographers are good friends and know how each other work.

I think more than two and it becomes a group shoot, doesn't it really? And those are a bit of a handful sometimes! Not really my problem, but a lot of the folk at group shoots seem to argue/have strops about 'their turn' or the lighting being changed, and this doesn't make it a very nice atmosphere as I like everyone to be cheery on my shoots!

I think also, when you are shooting with someone else, you have to resign yourself to the fact it is no longer solely your shoot, and also you will get less photos (unless you do favour the 'press pack' method of just madly aiming and clicking!). I've had a few problems with these types of shoots running over, as everyone is trying to get 'one last shot'.

SINderella Rockafella is off-line
24 May 2013 07:17
SINderellaRockafella
Model
SINderellaRockafella
Lancashire
Wigan

Majority of shoots I have done recently have been shared between two or three photographers. Works the same as a Camera Club or a Studio Evening in my eyes. I guess the only downfall I see is that you get several photographers with similar images!
"T'aint no SIN to take off your skin and dance around in your bones."

Rich G is off-line
24 May 2013 07:57
SMILESPHOTO
Photographer
SMILESPHOTO
Kent

Thanks guys - some positive feedback there. I think I'll try such a shoot before the summer's out.
HAPPY TO WORK UP TO OPEN WALLET LEVELS

vickie_88 is off-line
24 May 2013 08:00
sexyshawty
Model
sexyshawty
Dorset
Dorchester

Sounds like a good idea

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
adreena_uk chosin Jessica_Knight scarlettfoxett
ad360photo AhmedAshour antoinewynn bristoltalent clarmike davejarvis eosfan humphries JohnDentonPhoto Ladiesman markeos50d peteb Puremoods redbaron riddell Robinsky rod_m99 Rscott360 snapper47 Snooper911 Steveh32 Steveharratt TinDolls viewphotographic