Reminder Secure

is there any work for models doing photography club ?

Kim BROWN is off-lineSilver Member
22 May 2013 13:18
gizmofoxy
Model
gizmofoxy
London

I heard a few models say that they work at photography clubs earning money im new to this and asking for info and if there is work available

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
22 May 2013 15:03
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Generally no, it's usually just a group of old men with just a few spare pounds from their pension, you won't make a living from clubs and it's bloody hard work as they're not used to shooting models.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Kevin Wilson is off-line
23 May 2013 05:29
kerandastudio2
Studio
kerandastudio2
Norfolk
Kings Lynn

Hi Kim,
           Do you have your pown transport because most club events tend to be evenings.
           I stage group events at Keranda Studio and would be happy to book you,that would be on a Sunday and i'm not prepared to rely on trains on a Sunday. xx

MARK WALDEN is off-line
23 May 2013 08:12
markwalden
Photographer
markwalden
Staffordshire
BURNTWOOD

I used to run my local camera club in staffordshire and we did use model maybe every 2 to 3 months and they used to get paid around £40 for a couple of hours depending on how much experience they had and what level they modeled at. As Redchecker said it is hard work doing this type of modeling and you are never going to be rich doing it.

24 May 2013 03:33
crystalk
Model

Hi ,

I work at a camera society. Lub every now and again on a permanent basis..
I earn a happy sum for. Y travel and the level I do which is a mix of portrait for an hour and art nude for an hour..
Yes I agree with all of the above it is hard work, as it's been stated it is mainly old guys who just take an interest in photography. But if your happy to free pose and confident to chuck in ideas you'd be fine.. It helps with the flow also..
But I enjoy it!!
Not everyone's cup of tea though!!
Look around or put a casting up requesting any clubs.. May work may not

Elaine  is off-lineSilver Member
25 May 2013 08:52
seeryder
Model
seeryder
West Yorkshire
Wakefield

I would add that from my experience, you won't get any enquiries or paid work as a result of doing a camera club shoot. The camera club types tend not to want to hire models for private shoots.

8 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
NicolaWilks90
csk_photography FirstLifePhotography garydfreeman George99 photofrank Pictureimage Willjamieson