This thread is currently locked
SweetAngelKiss is off-line
22 May 2013 04:58
KerryBrooker
Model
KerryBrooker
London
Wimbledon

Can someone please exain the copy right rules to me please...
A photographer took pictures of my ponies and son at a show. I brought a fair few pictures from them that in honestly wasn't that great but due to being my sons first show he wanted some. I think went on the website and found loads more all had been copy right printed on them and I saved an image and put it on my Facebook still with the copy right print on it and now someone has got rude about it.
Surely they should put some kind of block on the site if they don't want people doing this? And it's my son and pony and I didn't say I wanted him to even take pictures let alone put theme on the site anyway? Just winding what the actual rules are? Please xx

Matthew G is off-line
22 May 2013 05:18
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

The rules are so long and so boring but basically you're not allowed to do what you did....

Thats the bottom line.
All the rest is a bit boring and I'm sure the next 150 posts over 15 pages will explain and debate in great depth.... Easiest just to take it off and say apologies that you didn't know. Ask the photographer what price he'd do a 40 inch canvas for and then all of a sudden he might not be so grumpy with you! :-) Lifes too short to be grumpy! :-)

Purestorm is off-line
22 May 2013 06:14
Purestorm
Photographer

East Sussex

To prevent this descending into a repetitious thread and as the previous advice was
generally accurate we have Locked it  and made it 'sticky' as an Advisory topic.

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
eclipsephoto FlashHarold