Eebijeebi is off-line
21 May 2013 12:51
eebijeebi
Photographer
eebijeebi
Essex
Brentwood

Now I'm not out to cause a bun fight but I just saw -
'I'm a semi-professional full time model'.
No disrespect, no downer, no axe to grind, just had a tough day and little things please......., would happily book her - just a smile.

Ian Payne is off-line
21 May 2013 14:03
extra_mayo
Photographer
extra_mayo
Kent
Gillingham

So lets have a 3/4 Professional check box as an option

Ian

Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
21 May 2013 16:02
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

Quote from eebijeebi
Now I'm not out to cause a bun fight but I just saw - 'I'm a semi-professional full time model'. No disrespect, no downer, no axe to grind, just had a tough day and little things please......., would happily book her - just a smile.

??

I don't get it. What's the punchline?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

Paul Hodson is off-line
21 May 2013 16:08
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from skymouse
??

I don't get it. What's the punchline?

Full time semi professional does seem something of an oxymoron.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

21 May 2013 16:28
Lisaliz
Model

She works a full week but is only paid half the time?

Or maybe, she works a full week, but only behaves herself every other shoot?

Neil Anderson is off-line
21 May 2013 18:01
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

I think she does a lot of tfp which makes her a full-time model , but not paid for all of her modelling.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Matthew G is off-line
21 May 2013 19:00
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

But in fairness it's only 'us' that define these things... I know we all define it and so does mr wikipedia as part time but it could mean just not totally experienced. As in a lot of models on here. And to be fair I've yet to meet a really full time model.. ie, one that models for 38 hours a week with 4 weeks paid holiday :-)

Kevin White is off-lineSilver Member
22 May 2013 01:15
MightyWhite
Photographer
MightyWhite
Berkshire
Ascot

Quote from MG
And to be fair I've yet to meet a really full time model.. ie, one that models for 38 hours a week with 4 weeks paid holiday :-)

You've obviously never been self employed. 

There are lots of sole traders (including models and photographers) who can't afford to take a holiday (either financially or because they feel they can't just close their shop for a few weeks).

Preswylfa is off-line
22 May 2013 04:14
gwentman
Photographer
gwentman
Caerphilly
Blackwood

Quote from MightyWhite
You've obviously never been self employed. 

There are lots of sole traders (including models and photographers) who can't afford to take a holiday (either financially or because they feel they can't just close their shop for a few weeks).

+ 1  cheeky

Mike

G Jack B is off-line
22 May 2013 04:44
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Devon
Plymouth

But if she said she was a professional you would moan that she was not that good?

Real Bread Cook by day, BTL landlord & IT Guru - who said men can't multitask!

16 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chicimages crupilad djb1 dorrian eosfan gazzer59 gerry99111 grahamsphotography Jan77 keltica liteangle Lpphotografix MIB peteb Thunder_Photos wildcard