Reminder Secure

Accessing portfolio images post shoot

21 May 2013 11:12
paulbatterbury
Photographer

I was just wondering if any other photographers out there allow on-line access for models to see and download their portfolio images.

In the past I have put up some zipped files, which meant the model had to download the whole zip file and I know one or two guys have some file sharing utils that allow a 48 hour window for people to download the images / zip but I thinking long term when people delete or lose images and want to recover them.

CD and DVD get damaged and lost even if they do find their way in the mail system before anyone suggests that. 
Kind Regards Paul http://www.paul-batterbury.com

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
21 May 2013 11:15
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

ZIP file on dropbox of watermarked (& low res) images.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

21 May 2013 11:42
dominicdean
Photographer

I tend to give them a link to a pdf file I create. I used to send zips but found they would just put unedited pics up
www.dominicdeanphotography.co.uk/

CGW is off-line
21 May 2013 12:41
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

I put up a private web gallery with low res images (800 max width/height) with a large 50% transparent PROOF watermark. Oh, I cull the ones I think are poor, bad and really bad first - so the gallery is usually quite small

21 May 2013 12:42
paulbatterbury
Photographer

Quote from RedChecker

Drop-box that was the name, couldn’t remember it, but no need for that as the girl tend to pick out the images before they leave me, so it is all hi-res with me Red

21 May 2013 12:46
paulbatterbury
Photographer

Quote from cgwebster
I put up a private web gallery with low res images (800 max width/height) with a large 50% transparent PROOF watermark. Oh, I cull the ones I think are poor, bad and really bad first - so the gallery is usually quite small

I am using soothing similarly that that now but the can download their images with the usual watermark, where everyone else downloads images with a massive watermark. And I can select who get access to what images etc.   

Rod Macdonald is off-line
21 May 2013 13:02
rod_m99
Photographer
rod_m99
Cambridgeshire
Cambridge

Quote from RedChecker

+1, except that I don't bother to zip them: I remind models that I won't keep their pics on DB for ever, so they need to donwload them and back them up themselves,

Rich H is off-lineGold Member
21 May 2013 13:03
digitalmood
Photographer
digitalmood
South Yorkshire
Barnsley

www.dropbox.com for definate - great service and available on iphone/pad/pod and android too
www.digitalmood.co.uk

21 May 2013 15:12
paulbatterbury
Photographer

I using Pixaria, that way I can check who download what, when and how many time plus control their access, it also nice is it has a bit more of that professional appeal.

In the past I done everything you guy have suggested (apart from drop box) but now at least is a model does download or get back to you the images are there for all models and clients to look at, plus the model can get them at a later date without hassling you to re-upload the zip.

It gives the model the ability to cherry pick after retouching, but I am only using this as I had the software for my own image bank.

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Caz0054 Charlotte90 Chebella91 Just_janine scarlettfoxett
63jian AndiCallen andrewmoon antoinewynn Auctioneer clarmike cps Dphphotography Einstein ellessephotography eosfan geoffmarchant Jph1954 Ladiesman Lanedor Look_Sharp modjo30 Moodie nemesis normant ozzie photo3 RCBB xposed
photo3