Reminder Secure

Best way to get into modelling for Nuts, FHM, Zoo?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
21 May 2013 07:19
SydneyPurl
Model

I'm interested in becoming a glamour model but not sure the best way to go about eventually appearing in these magazines?

Thanks.

HowardJ is off-line
21 May 2013 07:54
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Contact them via their websites or get signed to an agency such as Samantha Bond, Mode Models or Girl Management.

Jim Gormley is off-line
21 May 2013 08:00
Truedefinition
Studio
This member has been reset to pending
Truedefinition
Greater Manchester
Stockport

Im pretty sure with your looks there will b plenty of willing and capable Photographers who can provide you with a few images suitable for publication in Nuts etc.. wether you get paid for them is another matter, if your lucky once you have come to there attention they may even commission a shoot with you.
Hallam Mill - a creative Photographers playground - 2 Huge (i mean huge) Studios - Daylight - Flash - Infinity Curve - Props..

HowardJ is off-line
21 May 2013 08:05
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from HowardJ Contact them via their websites or get signed to an agency such as Samantha Bond, Mode Models or Girl Management.

Girl management -> http://www.girlmanagementuk.com/ Lucy Pinder is their creative director and lots of the girls you see in the papers and magazines are signed to them Mode Models London -> http://modelondon.com/girls/categories-portfolio/girls/ have models like Jo Moore on here on their books Sam Bond -> http://www.samanthabond.co.uk/ You probably want to build your portfolio more before contacting the agencies but see what they say.

NICOLE MAY  is off-line
21 May 2013 16:58
fishing
Model
fishing
Ukraine
Kiev, Europe

Quote from SydneyPurl
I'm interested in becoming a glamour model but not sure the best way to go about eventually appearing in these magazines?

Thanks.

Hi,you should get some experience first and also you have to have good portfolio. You can eather pay photographer or done some TFP work.
Nicole May

Paul Jones is off-line
21 May 2013 18:16
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

Quote from fishing
Hi,you should get some experience first and also you have to have good portfolio. You can eather pay photographer or done some TFP work.

I'm prepared to be corrected, but I believe many agencies just want to see simple snapshots rather than a portfolio of "professional" photos.

Last year I worked with a new model who was signed to an agency after sending a few very basic digital camera shots.

I've just got this from the Samantha Bond website:

----------
http://www.samanthabond.co.uk

Email: full length front on, side on and back to camera shots. These shots should be in underwear or bikini. Also send a head shot. Email these to: yourpics@samanthabond.net

Please ask a friend to take the pictures on a digital camera. DO NOT attempt to take them yourself.
We need to see 'snap' shots, so pictures taken on a digital camera rather than by a professional photographer.
----------

Best regards
Paul

www.PaulJones.org (Glamour / Portraits / NSFW)

21 May 2013 23:38
Glossypinklipstick
Photographer

Quote from fishing

Happy To Help if you wish!
Paul www.glossypinklipstick.co.uk

HowardJ is off-line
22 May 2013 02:13
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

I believe Rosie Jones' first shoot was for Page 3 as soon as she turned 18. Some are just naturals, but they're probably more the exception.

Don't believe anyone who says you have to do a load of TFP or a year of working for free (like serving your time as an apprentice). Be selective about who you work with and do TFP with really great photographers who can add to your portfolio. People like silverlight and philwinterbourne are great. Remember if you do make it you probably don't want lots of naff shots coming out of the woodwork of you posing in awful outfits in front of creased curtains holding a toy rifle. Go for quality over quantity.

Oh and see places, learn about yourself, meet (hopefully nice) new people, listen to your gut instinct and enjoy yourself. Life is short.

NICOLE MAY  is off-line
22 May 2013 04:09
fishing
Model
fishing
Ukraine
Kiev, Europe

Quote from HowardJ
I believe Rosie Jones' first shoot was for Page 3 as soon as she turned 18. Some are just naturals, but they're probably more the exception.

Don't believe anyone who says you have to do a load of TFP or a year of working for free (like serving your time as an apprentice). Be selective about who you work with and do TFP with really great photographers who can add to your portfolio. People like silverlight and philwinterbourne are great. Remember if you do make it you probably don't want lots of naff shots coming out of the woodwork of you posing in awful outfits in front of creased curtains holding a toy rifle. Go for quality over quantity.

Oh and see places, learn about yourself, meet (hopefully nice) new people, listen to your gut instinct and enjoy yourself. Life is short.

I agree,you have to be selective who you work with but good photographer will not pay a model without any experience,at least you do some Adult work,then yes,you will get pay.

And one more,be careful as not many photographers on this site who is genuine.

Nicole May

HowardJ is off-line
22 May 2013 07:32
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from fishing
And one more,be careful as not many photographers on this site who is genuine.

Isn't that a major insult to your fellow members of this site?

Anyone got a rope?

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
CJ2015B ElleLaura evajohnson MissCaraJane QueenDeeVa01 Sammy_Louise
BOBREEVES chicimages clearview_photography copperbronze Daveinsurrey goZzee headshots hylander JRFox Kjoservices Matt1988 mikehemmings modelboutique moritz78 myp55 Opalapertures orca_photography redbaron stevegosh Stoker thelook TinDolls
matt