This thread is being watched by 1 person
Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
21 May 2013 15:50
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Thanks for help and advice, Windows 8 oh sugar only just getting used to 7 if they want to produce something for tablets why not just produce software for them? suppose its just money. Now just need to try to get the few files off olds hard drive that I forgot to back up, Any ideas? can I just rip old drive out and connect and access through laptop? or my old computer. And another hard drive for back up is on list.

Rich is off-line
21 May 2013 17:49
KentRichUK
Photographer

Kent
Maidstone

You can easily connect up your old hard drive in to your new of, it will read all the files off it no problem. Only thing is it will still have unwanted OS files on there, easily enough to delete to free up more space. Plus I'd never get rid of a hold hdd as people can recover files off them if they really wanted to, even if you try to re-write every cluster on them.

What's your budget ?

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
22 May 2013 02:18
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

You can still buy Windows 7 machines.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

22 May 2013 05:25
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Quote from KentRichUK
You can easily connect up your old hard drive in to your new of, it will read all the files off it no problem. Only thing is it will still have unwanted OS files on there, easily enough to delete to free up more space. Plus I'd never get rid of a hold hdd as people can recover files off them if they really wanted to, even if you try to re-write every cluster on them.

What's your budget ?
[/qt
Around 500 quid 0]

Ammonite Creative is off-line
22 May 2013 08:13
ammonitecreative
Photographer

North Yorkshire
Whitby

Avoid PC's buy a mac you'll never look back!

Paul Hodson is off-line
22 May 2013 08:16
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from ammonitecreative
Avoid PC's buy a mac you'll never look back!

For £500?

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

22 May 2013 08:26
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Had a play with a Mac no like at all and all computers at work are on various versions of windows we even got one running windows 95.

Neil Anderson is off-line
22 May 2013 08:37
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

It only takes one extra click to get to the desktop on Windows 8 !
and Microsoft are supposed to be issuing 8.1 soon to address users' complaints about the interface (speculation being that this will bring back the start button).
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

22 May 2013 08:38
Ron_H
Photographer

I bought this last week and it runs photoshop and lightroom like a dream:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/VIBOX-Centre-Multimedia-Quad-Core-Processor/dp/B007P2F2XG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1369226126&sr=8-4&keywords=vibox+gaming+pc

It doesn't come with any operating software though, but if you still have your Windows disc from your last machine you can just install that.

Paul Hodson is off-line
22 May 2013 09:50
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Ron_H
............... but if you still have your Windows disc from your last machine you can just install that.

Only if you bought Windows - not the disc that came with a nachine on which it was pre-installed.

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
coturnix rembrandt rscott360