Reminder Secure

Plus Size Models...how to succeed...

Anthonygh is off-line
15 May 2013 10:19
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Models in general might be interested in this item on the BBC news site....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22508670

15 May 2013 10:35
catherine_s
Model

Awesome thanks for posting!

I'm 3 sizes smaller than her on average, and still classed as plus size!

DoxPhotox is off-lineSilver Member
15 May 2013 17:45
DCox
Photographer
DCox
Northamptonshire

Quote from catherine_s
Awesome thanks for posting! I'm 3 sizes smaller than her on average, and still classed as plus size!

and gorgous!!!  dont worry about the size thing

28 May 2013 13:29
Corrall
Model

Thanks for posting.

Kat is off-lineSilver Member
28 May 2013 13:53
Katrina82x
Model

Essex
Basildon

Interesting

Ratana Rose is off-line
29 May 2013 07:25
RattusRock
Model
RattusRock
County Durham
durham

shes a very beautiful woman and where as I completely agree that its absurd to judge beauty on size I have got to disagree with the modern day denial of it all

the vast majority of people who are a size 20 will NOT be completely healthy and its insane to try and convince yourself otherwise that's the same as saying a bulimic or anorexic person is completely healthy (the vast majority of size 0 will not be completely healthy)

when you put that much weight on joints and you will have an issue, not to mention fat is adipose tissue - this clogs organs, you're looking at a lifetime of health issues

(p.s my whole family are large with an average size of 20 and between my 5 immediate family members there is not a single day when one of them isn't in hospital or at the doctors so I have seen it first hand as well as studying it at university)

it would be lovely if everyone could have confidence and not be judge on appearance, but lets not try and stick a plaster over a hemorrhage and say it will be fine when it comes to health

03 June 2013 15:58
catherine_s
Model

I totally agree with what you are saying. If you go to any professional plus sized agency you will find their models range between a size 10-16. There's a difference between a healthy model who isn't catwalk sized, and someone grossly over weight. Its no different than promoting underweight models.

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
celebrateeverymoment Jessicaliu1993
antoinewynn antonart bilingbo Daddylonglense Don_Dark flawless_photo ImageStyle Kjoservices Ladiesman metro michael_cameraman mlp philippahh Rare1953 rod_m99 rscott360 Steveharratt Zuiko
grailmodels