Reminder Secure

More and more photographers are leaving off details of models?

Dave Laurie is off-line
13 May 2013 13:45
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Lancashire
Preston

Well alright, I was using a bit of poetic licence with that particular phrase.......
Not totally to themselves obviously.
But NOT linking their images to your portfolio does make finding out who they are more difficult doesn't it?
And if they do have a Profile on here but you don't know his/her name or Membership no., then they may not be so easy to find.

Is that any better?

Will is off-line
13 May 2013 13:59
Photoimager
Photographer
Photoimager
Staffordshire
Stoke-on-Trent

I had one person pestering me about someone I had an image up of. He really wanted to photograph her but it took a few blunt messages to get through to him that:
- she has moved to Dubai so he'd need to be willing to pay out a lot of money
- she does not do the type of photographs that were on his profile here.

As with some people above, most of the people I photograph are not on here. It is therefore impossible to link them. Some of the people I photograph might be on here but if the session is not arranged through here or is arranged by someone else I do not necessarily know that they are on here.

Something that concerns me and is a little linked is when you know that someone is using an alias on here and then the photographer uses the model's real name. To me this is disrespecting the model's reason for using an alias.
Where there's a Will, there's a way.

Roger Vaughan is off-line
15 May 2013 05:37
BigEarsPix
Photographer
BigEarsPix
Warwickshire
Rugby

Quote from deetvstudio
Well alright, I was using a bit of poetic licence with that particular phrase....... Not totally to themselves obviously. But NOT linking their images to your portfolio does make finding out who they are more difficult doesn't it? And if they do have a Profile on here but you don't know his/her name or Membership no., then they may not be so easy to find. Is that any better?

Your humble apology is acccepted. smiley
May be I do it wrong. I rarely look at photographers profiles, well they are all boring aren't they. I only search the model ones.
Roger Vaughan

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
15 May 2013 06:07
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Observations....

Nobody ever seems to shoot any models from Purestorm any more..

Yet, its still a fact that most models who inhabit the internet are registered on here whether or not they are active...

Photographers trying to keep models to themselves or prevent them from with working with other photographers...or dishing out crap advice based on absolutely nothing other than the fact they want to feel important and impress a girl less than half their age....surely not..?...that would never happen...?

Er...only all the time..

**A significant minority of Internet photographers as a breed are the most possessive, delusional bunch of weirdo's I've come accross in my life and trust me in my various occupations I've had to deal with my share of weirdo's

**I did not say ALL by any means, I said a significant minority
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

Orson Carter is off-line
15 May 2013 06:52
orsoncarter
Photographer
orsoncarter
Somerset
near Frome

Quote from IainT
...Photographers trying to keep models to themselves or prevent them from with working with other photographers...or dishing out crap advice based on absolutely nothing other than the fact they want to feel important and impress a girl less than half their age....surely not..?...that would never happen...?  

Yep. A couple of names spring readily to mind. (Nobody on this thread, I hasten to point out.)

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck

16 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Czechbeauty ElleLaura fionafelony jessicaxroyal kkoch Michelledefeo1 xamberx
DecimalDan fashionphotography frank4 GlasgowPhotographer GSC4X mike0048 mlp Photojames43 stevegosh