Reminder Secure

More and more photographers are leaving off details of models?

NTN Photography is off-line
10 May 2013 12:08
NTN_Photography
Photographer
NTN_Photography
London
East Dulwich

I am noticing more and more photographers are not putting down the names of models on their portfolio's. I know that not all models are on this site, but it seems to be getting more and more each time I look.

There are some lovely models whom I would love to contact to see if they would be interested in a shoot, only to find no name has been added? Is this a growing trend amongst photographers?
Each photograph I take gives me the thrill of acheiving something great, (not there yet, but i'm working on.

Ross McKelvie is off-line
10 May 2013 12:13
Photoflash
Photographer

London
Maida Vale

I never list models names because they are professional models (not on Purestorm - only from model agencies)
Some are personal friends over many years.

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
10 May 2013 12:43
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

I've shot quite a few that are neither on here or other portfolio sites, and prefer to contact photographers directly for shoots, rather than be pestered for shoots.

Like others I'd try and pass on details to the model rather than to the photographer.

CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

" Hibby " is off-line
10 May 2013 13:36
BrazenDivas
Photographer
BrazenDivas
Highland
Inverness

Probably less than 5% of the models I have worked with are on internet modelling sites.
"A technically perfect photograph can be the worlds most boring picture" Andreas Feininger

GRAHAM HICKMAN is off-line
10 May 2013 13:42
IRONBLOKEMAN
Photographer

Shropshire
TELFORD

And models leave photographers names off

andyh is off-line
10 May 2013 16:21
andy_h
Photographer
andy_h
Lancashire
Lancaster

Well, you take a model like this

and do this

It's your choice/shot/opinion/style, whatever you want to call it, but I'd prefer not to be involved in someone putting that together.
www.andyh.info/blog.php

KHV is off-line
10 May 2013 16:33
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

Oh dear.

Bob is onlinePlatinum Member
10 May 2013 16:41
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from Norman_N_Photography
I am noticing more and more photographers are not putting down the names of models on their portfolio's.

So what's your reason for not providing profile links on YOUR portfolio to the models you have worked with, thereby allowing other photographers to contact them if interested in working with them?
Bob

10 May 2013 16:56
dominicdean
Photographer

I stopped doing it., granted I dont use this site much,the list is there but surely its better to look for new talent than constantly work with the same models anyway..ps lots arent on here anyway
www.dominicdeanphotography.co.uk/

NTN Photography is off-line
10 May 2013 17:05
NTN_Photography
Photographer
NTN_Photography
London
East Dulwich

Bob,
Rhe only photos where the names are not mentioned are those in the fashion photographs due to the designer hiring the models and I was'nt given their names?
Every other photograph does have yhe models name?
Each photograph I take gives me the thrill of acheiving something great, (not there yet, but i'm working on.

16 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 Michelledefeo1
antoinewynn bob cliffc Einstein eosfan guitarman kinofist MIB Nelson1983 redbaron simont skinz stevegosh Steveh32