zoepinknose  is off-lineSilver Member
09 May 2013 12:27
zoepinknose
Model
zoepinknose
Spain
albox Almeria

Quote from actiongirl
hiya, i wish you well with your move. Moving near to friends and family is always a bonus. Its even more of a Godsend should you become a working mother and they can occasionally help you out with childcare when you need to work unpredictable hours or travel half way across the country/world to a job and you can reciprocate with help to them when you are free. Work is all over the place, also remember that any one of your friends could relocate at any time, maybe emmigrate to a sunny tax free haven l.o.l. But with social networking, everyone is brought to your doorstep so to speak...so why worry!

Next plan after Liverpool will be spain... Got a lot of family over there... Going over next week actually for two weeks
Never a dull moment

09 May 2013 12:27
zoepinknose
Model
zoepinknose
Spain
albox Almeria

Quote from Neil_M

Good stuff!

Is that in Liverpool, thats just across the water from Belfast

It is indeed
Never a dull moment

09 May 2013 12:32
Neil_M
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending

Quote from zoepinknose

It is indeed

Drop me a message if you get a sec, may have some bits and pieces for you

HowardJ is off-line
09 May 2013 14:49
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

If it gets you better transport links e.g. closer to motorways, trains, etc. and as you say reduces your travel expenses then I think it should improve your ability to take on jobs. Being closer to family is always good and being able to be more of an active auntie sounds like fun. You just have to make sure you're not too close to family that they're popping round without notice and effecting your webcam work.

11 May 2013 13:05
Brian_Markie
Photographer

Yes Zoe it defo will for a number of reason. Excellent beach shoots, and excellent transport links to Liverpool and Manchester and other surrounding areas likke WARRINGTON haha, that's because i live there.

11 May 2013 13:33
zoepinknose
Model
zoepinknose
Spain
albox Almeria

Quote from Brian_Markie
Yes Zoe it defo will for a number of reason. Excellent beach shoots, and excellent transport links to Liverpool and Manchester and other surrounding areas likke WARRINGTON haha, that's because i live there.

Fabulous
Keep in touch
I have a studio day on Monday in Warrington ??!! Why didn't you book ??! X
Never a dull moment

Peter is off-lineGold Member
01 June 2013 14:16
Digitalelegance
Photographer

Berkshire

Quote from zoepinknose

I'm moving there as my sister lives there... Not for work fully ... But it does cut out the apparently most expensive track of Wales to Chester and seems to reduce price of travel considerably

Sounds very sensible to be around friends and familiy.
As for more work; demographically speaking your catchment area around Brighton is significantly more affluent (and this will be much more relevant when Europe collapses, and the Commercial Property Market crash comes - estimated to be 20x greater than the sub prime market crash)

As long as you dont mind older Togs, there are a lot of relativey well off pensioners on the South Coast, who also shoot, and they are less effected by a recession, mortgage paid off, no worries of losing a job, quieter social life. Made their pile when the UK worked.
Etc.
OK There may be more models to divide the "bigger pie" , but I did actually take the time to check out your attributes, eg refs, attitude, posing ability, scope, levels, face , body etc. You score seriously highly IMO, so highly I feel the competition wont bother you at all, you will just take a bigger proportion of a bigger pie.

Only one thing puts me off pm'ing you right now with an offer of a shoot. And its not so bad, that I wouldn't neccessarily book you in the future.
And it is just a personal fad of mine, so it would not put off many togs, in fact just as many might find it a plus attraction. And no I wont be drawn publicly on it. I would tell you in a private email, if it bothered you - just to put your mind at rest - and I am sure you would crack up laughing!

So I would be pretty certain it will definitely improve things for you both financially and socially. Unless of course you have a thing for wellies and sheep!
Most important in my view would be insuring you have a decent sized space to shoot from home. That could double your income.
If I were a model no 1 criteria would be to get a place with a large lounge diner, if I couldnt get or afford somewhere with a really big room.

01 June 2013 14:40
Brian_Markie
Photographer

I didn't know you had a studio booked Zoe. If you're in the area again send me a PM and I'll be able to make an arrangement. Gutted i missed you tho.

Brian

01 June 2013 14:51
zoepinknose
Model
zoepinknose
Spain
albox Almeria

Quote from Digitalelegance

Sounds very sensible to be around friends and familiy.
As for more work; demographically speaking your catchment area around Brighton is significantly more affluent (and this will be much more relevant when Europe collapses, and the Commercial Property Market crash comes - estimated to be 20x greater than the sub prime market crash)

As long as you dont mind older Togs, there are a lot of relativey well off pensioners on the South Coast, who also shoot, and they are less effected by a recession, mortgage paid off, no worries of losing a job, quieter social life. Made their pile when the UK worked.
Etc.

It's not brighton ... It's New Brighton lol

Never a dull moment

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
jonnywoo Njsphotography woody