Moving ... Will I get more work ???

zoepinknose  is off-lineSilver Member
08 May 2013 14:03
zoepinknose
Model
zoepinknose
Spain
albox Almeria

So after living in North Wales for a couple years I've decided it's time to move back to England
Considering I live In the sticks I've still had quite a lot of work however it has also lost a lot of work due to travelling time and costs.
I'm moving to New Brighton, Wallasey at the start of June... Could I get more jobs living back in England ??!
Never a dull moment

Gerry is off-line
08 May 2013 14:18
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

It should increase your opportunities as booking people from a distance I find a pain even if the model is doing the travelling. I would much rather book a local model who can arrive shoot and dissappear in a day with comfort.

What I cannot answer is how competitive your area you are considering is. There will be access to a lot more photographers but are there too many models? Most of the models who seem busy seem to have more than one base, or are centrally based in the UK or change their location every year or so.
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

KHV is off-line
08 May 2013 15:24
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

Nah you are not moving into a population which would gain you more bookings.

I would think that Manchester or Birmingham would be better but I'm not suggesting that you move because I suggest it, that would be stupid, you need to make a considered judgement, and I'm not sure you have yet.

08 May 2013 15:52
barone
Photographer

I live on the outskirts of London...Wolverhampton....it hasn't done me any favours...
Next Model Day...23rd March 2014...http://purpleport.com/portfolio/angie...Interested?...Ask me for details.

08 May 2013 16:22
zoepinknose
Model
zoepinknose
Spain
albox Almeria

Quote from Keltica
Nah you are not moving into a population which would gain you more bookings.

I would think that Manchester or Birmingham would be better but I'm not suggesting that you move because I suggest it, that would be stupid, you need to make a considered judgement, and I'm not sure you have yet.

I'm moving there as my sister lives there... Not for work fully ... But it does cut out the apparently most expensive track of Wales to Chester and seems to reduce price of travel considerably
Never a dull moment

09 May 2013 10:56
Neil_M
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending

Well make sure you move for the right reasons, there are more reasons to moving than just modelling... Hopefully that doesn't sound too patronising.

I have a different attitude to most re travel and location. I'm based in Belfast, flights are cheap, heck why not get someone to jump on a plane for £50 return.

09 May 2013 11:04
zoepinknose
Model
zoepinknose
Spain
albox Almeria

Quote from Neil_M
Well make sure you move for the right reasons, there are more reasons to moving than just modelling... Hopefully that doesn't sound too patronising.

I have a different attitude to most re travel and location. I'm based in Belfast, flights are cheap, heck why not get someone to jump on a plane for £50 return.

Oh noooooo it's not for modelling... I make 90% of my earnings from webcam work so could be anywhere !!! I've lived in a town with no friends or family for two years so moving to stay near my sis and niece

Never a dull moment

SHP is off-lineGold Member
09 May 2013 11:29
SteveH32
Photographer
SteveH32
Cheshire
Wirral

Only down the road !!
Look forward to havin you here
x

fitnude is off-line
09 May 2013 11:30
actiongirl
Model

London

hiya, i wish you well with your move. Moving near to friends and family is always a bonus. Its even more of a Godsend should you become a working mother and they can occasionally help you out with childcare when you need to work unpredictable hours or travel half way across the country/world to a job and you can reciprocate with help to them when you are free. Work is all over the place, also remember that any one of your friends could relocate at any time, maybe emmigrate to a sunny tax free haven l.o.l. But with social networking, everyone is brought to your doorstep so to speak...so why worry!

09 May 2013 11:56
Neil_M
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending

Quote from zoepinknose

Oh noooooo it's not for modelling... I make 90% of my earnings from webcam work so could be anywhere !!! I've lived in a town with no friends or family for two years so moving to stay near my sis and niece

Good stuff!

Is that in Liverpool, thats just across the water from Belfast

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Annaxxwachowicz MissCaraJane Samanthajane4 toniallcorn
antoinewynn bbphotos Belemboo Cheshunt83 david1500 dirkus edwards ElegantCaptures eosfan hylander Imernie Kiboko Matt1988 peterashuk portfolio read redbaron Rob77 rscott360 shinywear siclews Studio1 TinDolls tms