internet explorer

stevet is off-line
06 May 2013 17:31
stevet
Photographer
stevet
South Yorkshire
rotherham

i have a netbook using windows7 and recently upgraded to ie10 however since doing so i have been having problems when using internet  pages be come unresponsive or take ages to load any ideas why this is happening everything was fine until i upgraded

Ernie is off-lineSilver Member
06 May 2013 17:45
imernie
Photographer
imernie
Hampshire
Fleet

IE10 has issues with Win7 so id uninstall it and go back with IE9.Too many complaints about IE10 and issues with slowing down the internet and PC.
Answer an email, it's polite!

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
07 May 2013 11:15
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

Quote from imernie
IE10 has issues with Win7

Never had any problems with IE10 /Win7

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
08 May 2013 16:12
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Quote from PHP_Photography

I think that is one of the problems, some people find it ok to use whilst for others it's a pain in the bum. I can't view some pages at all using IE10 (google for example) so I switch to Firefox and don't have any problems.
It was broken when I got here

CSD Images is off-line
08 May 2013 16:26
CSD_Images
Photographer
CSD_Images
Grampian
Aberdeen

The problems I've found with IE 10 is predominantly down to display drivers. It's using GPGPU rendering for pages, so I'd advise figuring what graphics you have and then updating the drivers.

The issue is most laptops have crap Intel graphics which have all the performance of a stunned sloth. I think is there is a switch where you can disable GPGPU rendering and choose software rendering under Options somewhere.
www.flickr.com/photos/csd_images | www.celticshadows.co.uk

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
09 May 2013 05:22
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

Its well worth having IE and Chrome (or any other suitable browser) to hand so you can jump from one to another with ease, I often find watching videos on IE for example might buffer while on chrome they don't. When I upload pictures to facebook I can arrange the order when in IE by dragging the files around, in Chrome I can't. Gone are the days where one options does everything you need!

Graham is off-lineSilver Member
10 May 2013 19:49
grahamsphotography
Photographer
grahamsphotography
West Sussex
Chichester

Quote from PHP_Photography

It is much slower than IE9, I think that is due to add ons like spell check etc, but it`s still not to bad on my 7 64bit.

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AriaRosee Exoticangel Leslegylegs Natalie120525 Winterlilly
brendan bristoltalent claypaws cliffc Den2018 diphoto Djanimation ellessephotography Hioctane Jskazza Kiboko Ladiesman mauricesimagery Rscott360 stevegosh
harbourstudio
matt