Reminder Secure

Prints

This thread is being watched by 1 person
05 May 2013 16:51
catherine_s
Model

Hi All,

I've just been offered an interview with an agency, so I really need to get a physical portfolio together. Can anyone recommend a decent place online for prints? I'm currently looking at photobox and the like, but I'm not sure if they will be good enough.

Thank you

05 May 2013 17:08
Paulie10
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending

Photobox have all the top imaging equipment the expensive companies have .... I use them up to 30 x 45 prints for exhibitions and also the larger canvas's ... I always recommend to my clients when only supplying images .... They are quick too and eager to sort out any problems you may have .... Blimey, sounds like I should work for their marketing dept (which I don't ... I just think they are good Catherine)

Best wishes,
Paul

05 May 2013 17:14
catherine_s
Model

Awesome, thanks Paul, I'll stick with what I know then

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
05 May 2013 17:15
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

I'd happily recommend Loxley Colour

http://www.loxleycolour.com/
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

06 May 2013 03:16
catherine_s
Model

Thanks Gerry I'll take a look

rich Osullivan is off-lineSilver Member
06 May 2013 07:00
canoncan
Photographer
canoncan
Essex
ongar

Dscl photo
I have used them many times
And a very quick delivery
Good luck with the agency

Will is off-line
06 May 2013 08:17
Photoimager
Photographer
Photoimager
Staffordshire
Stoke-on-Trent

The bigger issue is likely to be how ready for printing your files are. There are many good print labs which you can send the image files to through an online system. However, if your image files are not sized to their requirements and converted to the appropriate colour space / profile then you might not get what you expect. One lab I use has a requirement for 402 ppi, another is 300 ppi and another is 254 ppi. Send any one of them a file which does not have the right pixel dimensions for the size you order and your print will be compromised.

ProAm imaging are quick, cheap and print images for people who do well in photo salon competitions.
Peak Imaging
DS Colour Labs ( as above )
SIMM
Loxley ( as above )
Colourworld
I can easily go on ........
Where there's a Will, there's a way.

w4pictures is off-line
06 May 2013 17:18
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

Loxley and DSCL are both very good. DSCL is easy to use and the turn around is very quick.

The boring bit is this: with any of them, its best to know what you are sending in terms of colour space and dpi. You can find this out by looking at the metadata of your pictures and you can change it in Photoshop or a similar editing program quite easily.

For instance, a dpi of at least 300 is good for larger prints and most can handle sRGB.

So, if you right click (on a PC) on the picture and look at Properties/Details, all will be revealed!

Will is off-line
06 May 2013 23:45
Photoimager
Photographer
Photoimager
Staffordshire
Stoke-on-Trent

Quote from w4pictures........ a dpi of at least 300 is good for larger prints.......

It is ppi not dpi ( pixels per inch / dots per inch ).

As I stated above, you need to size them according to what the lab requires if you are to be sure of getting what you expect. For really large prints the required ppi can actually decrease, not increase. It is assumed that the viewing distance will be increased for a large print.

Where there's a Will, there's a way.

OldMaster is off-line
07 May 2013 04:44
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

For price, service and quality, Pro-am labs. On line up load with their profile to get exacty the colours you sent them. Fuji Crystal Archive paper and £1.25 for an 18"x12", you can't go wrong!

33 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Ashleighmckenzie Kitty_1
alanbassettphotography arterotica asnphotography Auctioneer daseinphoto Davidhunt Djanimation djb1 dorrian flipcourt follyhouse GGDP_Photography grahamsphotography Hioctane Ian123 ignite jamesboswell karlsheen Kjoservices lester2705 lify Lpoolphotographer Mattcairns p4pFetography psn redbaron riddell snapper47 Wildcanyon
harbourstudio