04 May 2013 07:09
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from Moorlane
She clearly does not understand what is involved in organising a shoot

Whilst this might be true ... there doesn't seem anything that the OP has actually said that confirms this.
If her reason for cancelling the original shoot makes her unsure of her future reliability, it would be more professional to be 'reluctant' to arrange a tfp shoot (or whatever) in recompense, until her situation is clearer.

Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Jesfish is off-line
04 May 2013 10:15
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

I've been in a similar situation whereby a studio was booked and I had to cancel as my car wouldn't start.  I offered to do the shoot at a different date and to reduce my rate to cover the costs of the studio hire.  I did do the shoot but the people involved were kind and still paid me the full rate.  If this model was genuine, she would have made a similar offer.  As others have said, she would probably let you down a second time.

I've had photographers let me down last minute by cancelling shoots, even when I have turned down other work so I could take on their shoots!  Usually they offer to reschedule or make a payment.  Sometimes not.  I think it's less stressful to just move on and try not to make the same mistake again.

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
celebrateeverymoment
antoinewynn bengie clarmike D_H_P diphoto Edenbailey eosfan Essexjohn gshocker30 imageatthemill JohnDentonPhoto kennmac1957 Lenz MIB mrdl Njsphotography orca_photography panda49 plld psn Thunder_Photos Twilightphotography xcellent