Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
01 May 2013 02:24
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

There's an Amazon basics cable here for £12:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004SBBDD0/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p147_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0JS0HMR700TJ3GEPD1BH&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=358549767&pf_rd_i=468294
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Spike is off-line
01 May 2013 02:31
Spike
Photographer
Spike
Hertfordshire
St Albans

Quote from Rawandthecooked
The harmon stick speakers and subwoofer are very satisfying, and quite sexy! H ave them jacked into the tv, macbook or I pad!

Another vote for the soundsticks & they look great

"Photoshop is there to cut diamonds, not polish turds"

scubie is off-lineSilver Member
01 May 2013 03:31
scubie
Photographer
scubie
West Sussex
worthing

Quote from RedChecker
I simply bought a phono connection cable to connect it to my existing hifi and it works perfectly (I just have the iPad sat at the side of the hifi when listening to Spotify or podcasts) The one I got was an Arcam one that although has extra wiring for the amp to control the iPad/Pod/Phone it works fine just dangling it down the back unconnected (I've put a little plastic bag over the redundant connector to avoid shorting). Mine also allows a charger to be connected to it. Cost me ~£20 IIRC

Yep def the way to go. takes a while but I upload my cd and record in wav format to my ipad, then loose lead to  amp, sounds great!
   Doug

Andy is off-line
01 May 2013 03:39
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

Quote from Spike
Another vote for the soundsticks & they look great

These have to definately be on the list, especially now i know they sound good, my wife once bought a £500 quid hi fi system as she "liked the colours which matched the room !!!" brother in law reaped the benefits when she next re-decorated ! 
lets get shootin

Peter Hague is off-line
01 May 2013 04:03
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from photostore
These have to definately be on the list, especially now i know they sound good, my wife once bought a £500 quid hi fi system as she "liked the colours which matched the room !!!" brother in law reaped the benefits when she next re-decorated ! 

Along similar lines, but a bit cheaper, are these

http://www.tesco.com/direct/harman-international-jbl-creature-iii-speakers-21-desktop-system-black/211-5234.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=211-5234

I
 find them acceptable for music, but admit I'm no audiophile. You'll also need to figure out some support for the ipad unless you're happy to lay it next to it.

Airplay is the way to go though, if you can justify the price.

Do you have a TV with surround sound or other decent speaker set-up? You could use an Apple TV to play through that via airplay if so.
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

Andy is off-line
01 May 2013 04:29
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife

Quote from PeterH
Along similar lines, but a bit cheaper, are these

http://www.tesco.com/direct/harman-international-jbl-creature-iii-speakers-21-desktop-system-black/211-5234.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=211-5234

I
 find them acceptable for music, but admit I'm no audiophile. You'll also need to figure out some support for the ipad unless you're happy to lay it next to it.

Airplay is the way to go though, if you can justify the price.

Do you have a TV with surround sound or other decent speaker set-up? You could use an Apple TV to play through that via airplay if so.

Hi Peter, thanks for that !

yep i have an hd tv with real good sound smileycouple that with streaming content to the tv and we may have a winner 
lets get shootin

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
01 May 2013 04:40
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

This is nice, or even these are pretty cool
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Andy is off-line
01 May 2013 07:19
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife

Peter, we have a winner !
Apple tv bought, setup in approx 2 minutes...music, video etc all through the tv with great sound.....RESULT !
lets get shootin

Paul Cox is off-line
01 May 2013 15:37
paulcoxphotography
Photographer
paulcoxphotography
Greater Manchester

Powered speakers and an airport express would be my suggestion. That way you can get the speakers you want and airplay.

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs ElleLaura fashion29 Kaylie maya_w1993 ryansd satrina Tom84
borojohn ChrisD cliffc colinpierce Davidhepworth djb1 duncanjames eosfan freddie guitarman James7799 Jobe JohnDentonPhoto kinofist mlp psn thelook