David Heels is off-line
30 April 2013 11:33
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know where I might buy stockings like these from?

Being a bloke, I don't even know what they're called. Opaque? Woolen? Old fashioned? Vintage?
Can anyone recommend an online retailer? As I'd really rather not have to walk into a shop and ask for them.

Cheers
Dave

natalieamanda is off-line
30 April 2013 11:40
natalieamanda
Model
natalieamanda
County Durham
darlington

best off looking through amazon or ebay for white opaque stockings

Laura McIntyre (née Ford) is off-line
30 April 2013 11:57
Purple_Girl
Photographer
Purple_Girl
Lothian
West Lothian and Edinburgh

Assuming they're for a shoot, you could ask the model to get them and reimburse her when she arrives?
A dry sponge is a happy sponge.

Paul Hodson is off-line
30 April 2013 12:32
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Crippen

As I'd really rather not have to walk into a shop and ask for them.

They might not have them in your size anyway! wink
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Jason McLean is off-line
30 April 2013 13:57
Freelanderjason
Photographer
Freelanderjason
Surrey
SW London

You could give www.stockingshq.com a go...they've got quite a selection.
More examples of my work on my website - www.jasonmcleanphotography.co.uk

natalieamanda is off-line
30 April 2013 13:58
natalieamanda
Model
natalieamanda
County Durham
darlington

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Opaque-Stockings-/290883264659?pt=UK_Hosiery_Socks&var=590114047270&hash=item43b9fe6093

30 April 2013 14:04
Tansy_Blue
Model

I always find mytights.com good for all my hosiery needs. You can sort by colour, style, etc, so it's easy to find what you need.

Anyway yes they look like white opaque stockings. (Rather than hold ups as they're obviously not very elasticated.)
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

David Heels is off-line
30 April 2013 17:48
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Thanks everybody.

I've checked all the links and trawled ebay, amazon and everything else I can think of, but I'm still not entirely happy. Most stockings are either too Nylon looking, or the woolen and cotton ones, turn out to actually be, over the knee socks. Which might be okay if I only use models with little dumpy legs. Or they don't come in White.

I'm actually looking for stockings for 18th century Nuns, so I do need to be pretty fussy. I have the rest of the costumes, I'm just missing the Stockings (and shoes).

But thanks again everyone.
Very much appreciated.

Dave
PS. The stockings in the picture above, are from a film adaptation of Lady Chatterly's Lover.

Jason McLean is off-line
30 April 2013 18:02
Freelanderjason
Photographer
Freelanderjason
Surrey
SW London

Perhaps try an upmarket costume/fancy dress shop for them
More examples of my work on my website - www.jasonmcleanphotography.co.uk

30 April 2013 18:36
Tansy_Blue
Model

Have you tried American Apparel? They have a fairly wide hosiery selection. Or a vintage-inspired retailer like What Katie Did or Kiss Me Deadly?
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

19 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
danixhale Laila19 louise22 Paige_hendrix speed84
crupilad DCUKphoto diphoto Discocat djb1 eosfan Ianmcculloch Kjoservices Ladiesman laveravista MIB northimages photon sniffer