How hard can it be?

Ken Pegg is off-line
27 April 2013 14:01
kenp
Photographer
kenp
Dorset
Weymouth

Nothing to do with lawyers, all to do with greedy clients.

Mark Peach is off-lineSilver Member
28 April 2013 04:39
mpp_visions
Photographer
mpp_visions
Suffolk
Felixstowe

Shouldn't this have been posted start of the month?

Peter is off-line
28 April 2013 06:23
peterbuchanphoto
Photographer
peterbuchanphoto
West Yorkshire
Leeds

2011, Old news.
Can't google up the ending to it though sadly. would love to know how it ended.

Ps if you have ever tried to use the legal system here you would know this peterbuchanphoto is a naughty person would be much more unlikely. They only take your case for clear cut wins unless you are willing to stump up 1000s f your own money in advance.

Megan Reynolds is off-line
28 April 2013 07:13
LadylikeMedia
Photographer
LadylikeMedia
Bristol
Bristol

http://abovethelaw.com/2012/01/when-groomzillas-attack-todd-remis-is-back/#more-125916

Megan Reynolds is off-line
28 April 2013 07:18
LadylikeMedia
Photographer
LadylikeMedia
Bristol
Bristol

Seems to still be ongoing?

Paul Hodson is off-line
28 April 2013 09:11
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Sad thing is that the photographer has apparently spent $50,000 defending the case!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

SimonB is off-lineGold Member
28 April 2013 13:53
DaseinPhoto
Photographer
DaseinPhoto
Essex
Epping

Quote from DCox
Do we need to get rid of lawyers and reinvent common sense

Nooooooooooooooo. It's a bunch of lawyers that buy all my kit, and until my obvious talent is more widely recognised that is likely to remain the case.

One thing to remember is that we are not the US - and you will note that even in that damages happy jurisdiction only the breach of contract part of the suite was left to run. Our statute of limitations would prevent a case like this even getting to court in the first place, never mind having any chance of sucess.

The truth is in UK at the moment that despite what you might have read in the august pages of the Mail, Express or Sun recent changes in the rules on funding for legal cases means that if a hospital screws up or a council fails to maintain the highway that results in damage to bits of you, your transport or your equipment meaning you can't work; or your sister or daughter/ brother or son is being subjected to mental cruelty by their spouse (you'll still be OK if their being beaten black and blue - unless you want to get them actually excluded from the premises) then you are going to struggle to get justice without risking a good deal of your own money.

BTW I'm not a lawyer I just look after the computy things for them.
I got the secret to happiness from the back of a bleach bottle - "Stand upright in a cool place"

20 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin MissCaraJane
bengie dby47 dorrian gwentman iestyn JRFox keltica Kimily Matt1988 mlp plld robhillphoto snarf Sp_digital Steveh32 TinDolls WellandPhoto Willjamieson