Reminder Secure

Casting calls and increasing 'interest' lol

Jonathan is off-line
19 April 2013 15:46
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Nottinghamshire

Basically, if I place a casting call I can re-open it time and time again and make it look like there is lots of interest from models.

This seems wrong and I wonder if there is any way of preventing those who post a casting call from 'bumping up' the number's so to speak ?

I think that Youtube manages this ?

Hope this makes sense, as I bump up the interest for my recent casting to 10,000 lol !

Jonathan.

Moderator Input
We suspect that anyone sad enough to wish to rig viewing figures for their Casting Calls
would probably also work out the very simple method of circumventing basic prevention measures

Relax, take it easy and float down-stream with the Sandy Camel

Chrissie Red is off-line
19 April 2013 15:55
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I didn't even realise there was a viewing counter.. Although i rarely post castings so thats why I've never noticed.

I don't think it really makes any difference if a casting has more views than another, so it would be a pretty big waste of time sitting hitting refresh.
I may be wrong though, if the castings with more views get somehow prioritised then I agree with you however i don't think its done like that.

Jonathan is off-line
19 April 2013 16:01
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Nottinghamshire

Oh, with respect, to live in the real world of male ego etc.

It's like Twitter for example, if you have 100 followers and some-one else has 20,000 who gets the most attention ?

The same here - it's human nature.

'He who shouts loudest' - glad you don't understand thoug - for sure.

Relax, take it easy and float down-stream with the Sandy Camel

Chrissie Red is off-line
19 April 2013 16:38
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I can marginally understand the thing with followers because you know more people are aware of your work/who you are.
Its not really the same as how many views one has on a casting call, when people post them surely the most important factor is wether you get what you have cast for.

The ones I notice with the most views seem to be the more "comedy" type castings - "Looking for model who has large anus and is happy to stick a guitar pedal inside it, this will be my first shoot as such its an experiment and will be shot on tf" would probably get more views than an "ivory flame" casting because people will be sniggering and sending the casting link to their mates to laugh over. That doesn't necessarily mean that person is better or that they will get anybody to agree to their shoot.

I'm quite glad that there isn't a page view function on purestorm, I can just imagine all the posts we would have cluttering up the page of people congratulating each other everytime they get 1000 views.

KevinJS is off-lineGold Member
29 April 2013 12:17
KevinJS
Photographer

London
London

Quote "Looking for model who has large anus and is happy to stick a guitar pedal inside it"

When I get a job and book models that is going to be the first line of my first casting call lol
I want to die in my sleep, like my grandather. Not screaming like his passengers

29 April 2013 17:18
Brian_Markie
Photographer

I'm like Chrissie red and the moderator suggests. Who give a monkey if 1 person or a 1000 people look at it. What matters is the purpose you get from posting it.

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs chosin Michelledefeo1 Silkythighslou
AFYS AndyGStudios Apex_photo brendan Cadwallen Chris650 daseinphoto DavidN dby47 gazzer59 grahamsphotography lify markeos50d rod_m99 Rscott360 stephenmuddell talldave68 ttstinger will_i_am Willjamieson
grailmodels